2nd Rounder and Roman [Offered] for Shockey!!!(Possible offer per Rotoworld) (1 Viewer)

Someone clearly needs to change the title of this thread to :

Giants Offer Jeremy Shockey for Saints 2nd round pick and Harper [rejected by Saints].

Shockey has a size advantage over a safety and a speed advantage over most linebackers manned up on him.

wow ! that is god given .... last time i checked the all TEs creating missmatches when they jump over a safety or having a race with LB .... lets spend a 2nd rounder and a starter on him . championship !

its like the guy starting the topic about gholston , where he said :

"look at his arms !we have to pick the guy in the first round"

>>In response to our blurb regarding a report in the Newark Star-Ledger that the New Orleans Saints offered a second-round pick and safety Roman Harper for Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey, a source with knowledge of the discussions tells us that the Giants wanted a two and Harper, and that the Saints refused. >>>

That sounds about right.

From profootballtalk.com
In response to our blurb regarding a report in the Newark Star-Ledger that the New Orleans Saints offered a second-round pick and safety Roman Harper for Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey, a source with knowledge of the discussions tells us that the Giants wanted a two and Harper, and that the Saints refused.

:worthy:

Best news I have heard all day... That makes a LOT more sense. I couldn't see us offering all that for Shockey.

The biggest news about that is that it seems that the Giants ARE indeed shopping Shockey. But do we really want him on our team? I am not sure. He could be controlled by Brees and Payton on the field, but off the field?

:worthy:

Best news I have heard all day... That makes a LOT more sense. I couldn't see us offering all that for Shockey.

The biggest news about that is that it seems that the Giants ARE indeed shopping Shockey. But do we really want him on our team? I am not sure. He could be controlled by Brees and Payton on the field, but off the field?

keep in mind he would be coming from New York ( media-wise ) where most of the attention was on him, to come to New Orleans where Brees, Colston, Deuce and Bush get most of the attention. Could he deal with that?

People will, unfortunately, ignore this post which makes this entire thread largely irrelevant.

Spam whats up with the avatar? I liked your commie dictators more than the ******panthers.

From profootballtalk.com
In response to our blurb regarding a report in the Newark Star-Ledger that the New Orleans Saints offered a second-round pick and safety Roman Harper for Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey, a source with knowledge of the discussions tells us that the Giants wanted a two and Harper, and that the Saints refused.

So Harper IS the deal-breaker...

Thats a ridiculous price for Shockey and the Saints are right to refuse that offer. They'd be silly to pay that much, especially for someone who's as much of a headcase as Shockey is.

I'm a little bit afraid of Shockey because of his reputation as a trouble maker in the locker room, but if the staff decides he's worth the risk, I can live with it. He's a great talent. One concern I have is his contract. Shockey won't be cheap and we have other guys to get signed. How many really large contracts can the team carry?

I'd rather draft a TE on the 2nd day of the draft than give up a 2nd rounder for damaged goods and the headcase that is Jeremy Shockey.

I never gave much credit to the rumor anyway. I just wanted to come to the defense of a guy who's still young and part of a not so stellar '07 defense. Was he part of the problem? Sure, weren't they all?

I understand people's frustration with him in particular, but I just don't see how he can be accurately evaluated after only 20 games sometimes based on an assumption that can only be proven if you have the gamefilm and know what defense was called. Is he perfect? Far from it, but I wonder if that's what some of you are expecting from everyone on the team.

Infoman, Shawn and I were toying with an idea that actually bears merit IMO. I'm not sure I would actually approve of all of it, but the idea was solid in the sense that a few proven vets at key positions could bump us up to the top (given our needs). I, for one, would never get rid of that many draft picks because I do believe that you build dynasties through the draft for the most part while sprinkling in a few vets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom