2nd Rounder and Roman [Offered] for Shockey!!!(Possible offer per Rotoworld) (1 Viewer)

Rumors are always floating this time of year. If there is any truth to it I also am glad to see Giants did not take it. I don't understand why we would want to weaken the secondary even further for more offense. However, since I do not believe in Bullocks I might do the second round with him added in. I would prefer to work something for Lito Sheppard instead.

First, this is just a rumor and we don't even know if it's true. Second, I would like to see Payton admit mistakes and move on. He needs to stick by his words and play the best guys, no matter how we get them. I'm not sold on either safety position after last season.

I understand that but man he never really played Simmons or KK last year. He kept playing Faine. Sometimes Reggie was getting out played or Payton doing dumb plays end around etc.. Getting rid of a guy who was a 2nd round pick after just 1 real year of play. He only played 5 games in 06. I think is crazy. If he allowed simoneau to play 2 years and thought jason david was a beast then i think he needs to let someone else evaluate the defense.

If we get rid of harper who do we have at safety? KK? the guy who never had a chance to play? I think depleteing the defense especially the secondary to increase our offense is dumb. Our offense does need major blocking. We cant block on offense. I just am thinking of Brees breaking more records throwing the ball:covri: and not running.

I never really understood the Brees lovefest for a TE. Brees had the beast TE in the NFL and no receivers.

Exactly zorro37.

Lets make our secondary worse and how bad was the Harper pick then? I have little faith in payton now if he makes that trade.

I think most would agree that our back four looked better when KK was in the game last year.....maybe the staff thought they looked better with the Bullocks/KK combo. One things for sure, the combo of Bullocks/Harper wasn't getting it done.

Offense passing is not a problem run blocking and oline is over-rated. We are going to be like 06 again if we have shockey. imagine the passing and the horrible defense. we got to the playoffs looking like we shouldnt be there

Even without the draft, our defensive personnel is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than '06 right now. We have better talent on the DL. We have better talent in the LBing corps by a lot. And with MM healthy, we have a better back 4.

Shockey makes us way better......I understand some of you all not liking Shockey's personality, but to disregard his talent is foolish, IMO. Could you imagine our offense with a Dallas Clark-like player in it.......with Shockey, we'd have a better Dallas Clark. How can you guys not want that? Oh, I forgot Harper has beastly status in the forums eyes..............for what reason, I'm not sure:idunno:

thanks god the deal did not went through. good for the saints. 2nd round by it self is alot. i would do a trade no more than 3rd round pick.

I know what we'll do, trade our best fully healthy player in the secondary and our 2nd round pick for a TE.
That's hardly a compliment.

Everyone in the secondary apart from MM is flat out poor, no matter how you look at it. Some have more potential than others, but they certainly don't play to it.

I just don't like the price we'll have to pay for Shockey. I think we should address the D (with some OLine picks) this year more than looking for an overpriced TE. I don't doubt that Shockey could put up good numbers (considering the rest of the receiving corp) with Brees, but I also think that we will be just fine with Miller/EJ for atleast one more year.

If he's available next year, I'd entertain it.

I think it sounds a lot like BS to me. But then again, I think that Harper is the most promising young member of the secondary from what I have seen.

I think most would agree that our back four looked better when KK was in the game last year.....maybe the staff thought they looked better with the Bullocks/KK combo. One things for sure, the combo of Bullocks/Harper wasn't getting it done.

Even without the draft, our defensive personnel is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> than '06 right now. We have better talent on the DL. We have better talent in the LBing corps by a lot. And with MM healthy, we have a better back 4.

Shockey makes us way better......I understand some of you all not liking Shockey's personality, but to disregard his talent is foolish, IMO. Could you imagine our offense with a Dallas Clark-like player in it.......with Shockey, we'd have a better Dallas Clark. How can you guys not want that? Oh, I forgot Harper has beastly status in the forums eyes..............for what reason, I'm not sure:idunno:

I hear you. I just find it hard to swallow that we are going to give up on a guy after just 1 real year of play. Maybe jason daivd or usama young could play SS? I just feel after that bullocks highlight video we are trading the wrong guy. Harper wasnt the greatest last year but come on our whole defense was embarrassing.

Look at hat we got for Vilma. think he is way better than Shockey. Imagine Shockey throwing Brees or Payton under the bus. Example. All i do is try to make plays and our defense gives them a TD ever drive. New Orleans is terrible blah blah..

I'm glad they didn't take it. Not worth it. I hope they don't up the offer, either.

This would be stupid. Jeremy Shockey is not worth a young starting SS A N D a 2nd round pick. That's way too much to offer.

Wow...that's a pretty steep offer. I thought we'd offer them Bullocks instead of Harper. I see Harper as a much better player and wouldn't want to give him away for Shockey.

not steep at all. let KK take his spot. Harper is a liability anyways

I don't believe this report... however comma...

For us to say that harper is better than Bullocks really isn't saying much at all. We've all seen bullocks hang CBs out to dry with missed assignments... but Harper has been seen letting WRs run freely thru the secondary also.

Alot of folks let their like/love for players blind them to reality. Harper is grossly overrated on this board. His starting spot was about to be given to Kaes until Bullocks got hurt.

I think we need 2 new starting safeties honestly. And if there is some truth to this... maybe the FO likes Bullcoks at SS rather than FS, and they think they can improve the team by letting go Harper.

Pure speculation on my part, but IMHO I think we need a change at our safety positionS.

I don't understand this whole idea being generated in this thread that the front office is somehow higher on Bullocks than Harper. Where is this coming from, a potentially bogus "trade offer" and a couple comments from the front office saying more or less they like what they have in Bullocks? Come on, what else do you want them to say? They're not going to publicly trash any player on the current roster, much less their starting FS. I mean, Harper had his struggles last year but at the same time has already shown flashes that indicate he has the ability to be a strong foundation for us in the secondary. Bullocks has never shown anything. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

And to those saying "why not offer Bullocks?" Do you really think a player who has been exposed as badly and as often as he has holds any real value on the open market? :shrug:

I wouldn't want to give a second rounder by itself for this guy. There will be a defensive starter there in the second round.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom