2nd Rounder and Roman [Offered] for Shockey!!!(Possible offer per Rotoworld) (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Per rotoworld, that's what we offered. That seems real steep for me.

Jeremy Shockey-TE- Giants Mar. 24 - 2:31 pm et

The Saints reportedly offered the Giants their second-round pick (No. 40) and S Roman Harper in exchange for Jeremy Shockey.

The Giants said no and talks have since died down. Harper has potential, but struggled in 2007 coming off a torn ACL. SI.com's Peter King noted in his MMQB article that the Saints might up their offer. However, the Jints may continue to hold out for a late first-rounder or a pick and a player they think could replace Shockey's blocking. Kevin Boss just isn't ready to play full time.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger
Related: Roman Harper, Saints

Fantasy Football - news, projections, rankings, draft guide - Rotoworld.com

Wow. That's hard to believe. We must really want Shockey.

Wow...that's a pretty steep offer. I thought we'd offer them Bullocks instead of Harper. I see Harper as a much better player and wouldn't want to give him away for Shockey.

The title of this post should reflect WHAT we offered. The way it reads now it makes folks think that the deal has been done. Or at least that's how I read it.

I'm not surprised by the offer though. He ain't coming cheap.

If they turned that down they are nuts and if we offered that we are definately nuts. Harper was good enough his R year to start for most teams and will only get better in time. PLUS OUR SECOND ARE U KIDDING ME

Way too much to give up. I think the Giants will have to settle for less eventually. Unless the Raiders get into the mix.

If they turned that down they are nuts and if we offered that we are definately nuts. Harper was good enough his R year to start for most teams and will only get better in time. PLUS OUR SECOND ARE U KIDDING ME

You highly overrate Roman Harper.

But no, I wouldn't trade him and a 2nd rounder for Shockey. I wouldn't give up more then a 3rd for the guy.

Wow. Harper is one of my favorite Saints. If this happens, I hope we trade down and draft Kenny Phillips.

what really freaks me out is. we wanted to trade harper and still keep bullocks. Harper is going into his 3rd year. If this is true then i must say i am losing faith in Sean Payton. Man Harper was a 2nd round pick in 06. Payton must not have the virus he has the full fledged flu.

Not really surprised it's Harper...for some reason the FO doesn't seem too high on him. I'd be surprised to see anyone beat that offer.

With Wilson leaving the Giants and our high second rounder, they could easily get 2 starters for Shockey......not sure how they passed on that if we indeed did offer that.

If that was the case, I'm glad the Giants turned it down and disappointed we offered that. I can't believe we offered that. Even harder to believe the Giants turned it down.

Harper has played really what 21 games in his career? I think Payton is losing it. Harper and our 10th pick in the second round??? Man keep that pick. If he wants to give it up that easily just trade the 1st and 2nd and get dorsey and just get turnovers in opponents territory and call it a day for a TE.

When will payton believe his own preaches? We have a defense that needs fixing and always talks about turnovers. only way we had turnovers on defense the past two years is if the team throws directly at our defense or teams somehow drops the ball. we are not physical and now want to trade a physical player. Wow lets make our secondary worse. Is this even possible?

dear lord trade the 2nd for lito sheppard or someone on defense and as i said trade up and get dorsey or ellis.

Man we could get a stud in the 2nd round and now want to give it to coach killer and hot head shockey?

Dorsey/Ellis > Shockey

Shockey wont have the impact that they will have.

Last edited:
Does anyone really feel confident we offered that?

Sorry, this smacks of the Giants artificially trying to drum up a trade market for Jeremy Shockey.

Yeah I think you may be overrating Roman Harper just a tad bit there. Jeremy Shockey IS a proven commodity in this league as a game-breaker at TE, no matter how much some would like to talk negative on his attitude, etc.

Roman Harper, on the other hand, has proven little-to-nothing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom