2nd Rounder and Roman [Offered] for Shockey!!!(Possible offer per Rotoworld) (1 Viewer)

i was a big harper fan after his first year, his injury couldn't have come at a worse time for his development... he played poorly last year, though ("poorly" being a relative term here)... evidently the staff sees something in bullocks that most of us don't see - maybe they're thinking of moving him to SS

Yeah, I highly doubt that we offered them that.

If we did, then the Giants are insane for not accepting it......

Yep our FO seems to be high on Bullocks and low on Harper.
I can't believe we offered a second round pick for 06 and an 08 second rounder for Shockey, but Payton is really familiar with him from his NYG days so must really want him.

This says something about the draft for me. We were happy to give up our best safety and open up another need position, and give up another pick so less chance to fill that need, just to upgrade an offensive position we have three players at who have started for us at one stage or another.

I like Shockey but Dustin Keller or Fred Davis are nice young players who could be had in the 2nd without the need to give up Roman.

If this deal had gone through we would need upgrades at DT, NT, WLB, CB, CB, FS, SS and only have 5 draft picks.

I would have offered Mark Campbell and a third, that's what I thought was reasonable.

Does anyone really feel confident we offered that?

Sorry, this smacks of the Giants artificially trying to drum up a trade market for Jeremy Shockey.

That's what I'm wondering. Is Roman Harper to think he is now trade bait and the staff wants to go another direction? That would make for awkward training camps.

i wouldn't be sad to see harper go, but our second rounder is like GOLD to me right now. I'm disappointed (if this was true) at our FO. I say trade them Mickey Loomis and Roman for shockey...Come on FO!

How in the hell we aint offer Bullocks instead of Roman... Why the coaching staff like Josh Bullocks so much???

Exactly zorro37.

Lets make our secondary worse and how bad was the Harper pick then? I have little faith in payton now if he makes that trade.

Offense passing is not a problem run blocking and oline is over-rated. We are going to be like 06 again if we have shockey. imagine the passing and the horrible defense. we got to the playoffs looking like we shouldnt be there.

I believe now that we have resigned EJ and BM, we are no longer going to be interested in jeremy...Drafting a young guy is our only option now

I would not doubt the Giants may be trying to increase the value of Shockey, but find it odd that they would float a specific players' name if that were the case. Regardless, I am glad that they turned it down (if it was offered).

I also agree the title to this thread needs to be changed. It seems to indicate a trade was completed.

We all know how Payton gets when he has his mind set on something. If this story is true he is showing a lousy poker face. I'm glad that the Giants are just as dumb though. Definitely nothing more than a second, if that.

what really freaks me out is. we wanted to trade harper and still keep bullocks. Harper is going into his 3rd year. If this is true then i must say i am losing faith in Sean Payton. Man Harper was a 2nd round pick in 06. Payton must not have the virus he has the full fledged flu.

First, this is just a rumor and we don't even know if it's true. Second, I would like to see Payton admit mistakes and move on. He needs to stick by his words and play the best guys, no matter how we get them. I'm not sold on either safety position after last season.

Glad that trade didn't happen(Not real sure IF this really happened) It also might point to where the Saints FO might be leaning in the draft, safety?

I really hope this isn't close to true and is straight from New York.
I mean, hmmm we have a top 3 passing offense and the worst secondary in the league. We have a lot of needs to fill in our secondary through the draft.
I know what we'll do, trade our best fully healthy player in the secondary and our 2nd round pick for a TE.

I hope you're right. I'd be willing to bet it was Bullocks that was offered instead.

Yep, thinking that would make you and all the Bullocks haters feel better.

This statement is so laughable. If something is reported that opposes what this board feels, just assume they meant to say it the way you think it should be. LOL

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom