3-4 defense not working for the Packers (1 Viewer)

Saint Brees

The Seeker
Reaction score
I'm glad we didn't switch our base defense. Watching the Packers in the 3-4 without the proper personnel is hard to watch and I don't even care about the Packers. I'd rather interchange every now and then. Aaron Kampman used to be a beast at rushing the QB, now he doesn't even know where he is on the field.

Madhattr

My Woman
Reaction score
It's the pressure. They aren't putting any on carve. He has all day to stand there to pick a receiver to throw to. They need to blitz him.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We ran the 3-4 pretty well against the Bills in week 3. We pretty much ran it exclusively.

Brett Farve is just being the Bionic Man. Oh, and the ESPN guys basically just gave him his yellow jacket already.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score
Dom Capers is a retard for continuously dropping Aaron Kampman into coverage. He's your only real pass rushing threat.

Reaction score
Looks like Gibb's read and react defense. That reminds me ..time for another prayer thanking the Lord for GW!

SonOfJohn

Veteran
Reaction score
There is too much talent on that defense for them to be this bad. You have to go with a scheme that fits your players instead of forcing a scheme on players that don't fit it. What a complete waste of talent that defense is.

jboss

All-Pro
Reaction score
I love how lots of "experts" were picking Green Bay as their Superbowl team because they got a new DC and expected the D to be greatly improved as well as their O. But, they didn't pick a team who were expected to do that and actually did.

A.D.Rock

Just an Earthbound Misfit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Dom Capers is a retard for continuously dropping Aaron Kampman into coverage. He's your only real pass rushing threat.

lol...my old man was just telling me the same thing on the phone....the dude's pretty under-rated.

dwid

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Kampman was great at DE. He had 3 great years at DE, he needs to be traded to a team that runs a 4-3 or his talent will be wasted.

Clark Kent

Reaction score
Their D has played pretty well considering it is their first year in a 3-4 and they got young guys like Raji and Matthews in there. Their run D played really good tonight. It looked like that was the game plan to stop AP and they did a pretty good job.

Pass rush was pretty terrible tonight though.

Saint Droopy

Born/Raised in Hollygrove
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They had their best pass rusher (Kampman) dropping into coverage... and was wondering why they wasn't getting any pressure :shrug:

Cmon Dom...

Saint by the Bay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
In the what teams are overrated thread during the preseason I said Green Bay because the talent doesn't fit the defense and the offensive line was poor. We saw both of those in full effect tonight. Rodgers also looked like the pressure of going against Favre got to him tonight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom