3-4 edge rushers (1 Viewer)

I feel good about Lofton in the new scheme but Im not sure that Hawthorne is strong enough at the point of attackto be a 34 middle linebacker. But we shall see.

The edges rushers of the future are definitely not on the roster. Hopefully we can come out of the draft with at least two.

Jarvis Jones, DaMontre Moore, Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Alex Okafor, Corey Lemonier, DaTone Jones, Michael Buchanan, Brandon Jenkins, Chase Thomas....

Good thing This Draft is filled with guys who could potentially play 3-4 OLB. We could go on as late as Round 3 and find some solid talent there :)

Jarvis Jones, DaMontre Moore, Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Alex Okafor, Corey Lemonier, DaTone Jones, Michael Buchanan, Brandon Jenkins, Chase Thomas....

Good thing This Draft is filled with guys who could potentially play 3-4 OLB. We could go on as late as Round 3 and find some solid talent there :)
I would not take Lemonier or Jones. One IMO will get destroyed by the run and the other won't be a good pass rusher. I want Jenkins in the 2nd, he IMO is most polished pass rusher in the draft and could have a huge impact day 1 if healthy.

I really think Galette, Martez , jordan , walker, Broughton and hicks really excel in this scheme

Chase Thomas is a stud for our system. He is a great pass rusher and covers very well. I hope he's there in round 3 or we might have to trade up into late round 2.

Chase Thomas is a stud for our system. He is a great pass rusher and covers very well. I hope he's there in round 3 or we might have to trade up into late round 2.

One scenario I saw in someone's recent Mock was us trading with the Bears so they could move up to 15 and take Lane Johnson. It actually seems like maybe it could play out that way.

If there's no slam dunk pick at 15, I'm hoping we can find a partner who likes someone there and pick up more picks in the process. Slide down and grab an extra 2nd, or 3rd rounder. I think this Draft is deep for 3-4 prospects, maybe part of the reason Payton and the Staff decided on the scheme change?

yeah i really hope he falls to our third round pick, if we get one of him and brandon jenkins with that third round pick id be damn happy. Another guy i really would like is brandon williams (southern missouri state) with our fourth rounder

Romeus should start out with the team, but we will have to see if he has anything left in his legs after back to back ACL tears, with an MCL last year to top it off. Without being a member of the training staff we have no idea how his rehab is going or if he will ever play again. If he still has speed he may be thrown into the OLB role, but really my guess is that if he makes it at all it will be as Jordan's backup.

One scenario I saw in someone's recent Mock was us trading with the Bears so they could move up to 15 and take Lane Johnson. It actually seems like maybe it could play out that way.

If there's no slam dunk pick at 15, I'm hoping we can find a partner who likes someone there and pick up more picks in the process. Slide down and grab an extra 2nd, or 3rd rounder. I think this Draft is deep for 3-4 prospects, maybe part of the reason Payton and the Staff decided on the scheme change?
I like the idea of trading down in the first round this year. Bill Belichick has been doing it for years stockpiling draft picks. It just makes too much sense. The more picks you have, the better chance you hit on a stud. There are as many studs as there are busts in the first round every year if not more.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom