3.9 yards per pass (1 Viewer)

We accepted (coach) that issue entering 2020. If we were gonna win it all, it would have been off the intermediate pass game. But when you get to this point in season, if you don't change it up, this is the result. DCs are not dumb.

Drew simply can't get it 40 yards. That stings to see him have to play on a compressed field

Until coach learns to value limiting mistakes in the passing game by committing to the running game then the team will never go deep in the playoffs. The drive cook fumbled Kamara was going on a tear then pass,pass,pass,pass. More mistakes happen in the passing game. The bucs were more committed to the run even though it wasn’t always successful for them but it limited Brady’s opportunities to make mistakes that’s the difference in the game to me and certain fans have been begging him to be more committed to running all season

We accepted (coach) that issue entering 2020. If we were gonna win it all, it would have been off the intermediate pass game. But when you get to this point in season, if you don't change it up, this is the result. DCs are not dumb.

Drew simply can't get it 40 yards. That stings to see him have to play on a compressed field
40yds??
Remember playing street football as a kid, you'd stop covering your man b/c you knew the Qb couldn't throw the ball that far. That's how the NFL sees Drew now, 20yds and in.

Until coach learns to value limiting mistakes in the passing game by committing to the running game then the team will never go deep in the playoffs. The drive cook fumbled Kamara was going on a tear then pass,pass,pass,pass. More mistakes happen in the passing game. The bucs were more committed to the run even though it wasn’t always successful for them but it limited Brady’s opportunities to make mistakes that’s the difference in the game to me and certain fans have been begging him to be more committed to running all season

It’s tough to draw up 25 5-10 yard passes per game. Brees, god love him, is a significant limitation. He can’t move or throw far. I thought that they were about as good as we could hope running the ball. They just couldn’t throw it, beside one drive by Brees and a trick play.

Hey Drew stretched it as best as he still can, he is of another era and will not have winning future unless he can stand in the pocket and delive quick. All Qb's, Brady included can run if needed. Not Drew.

How are people blaming everyone but the one person who did not execute today, the guy who has to be taken off the field to throw the ball deep,

Coach Payton has been doing to with smoke and mirrors for a few years now, just sounds like wilful ignorance to project criticism to a Coach squeezing our 12-4 season's despite the declining skills of his QB.

It’s tough to draw up 25 5-10 yard passes per game. Brees, god love him, is a significant limitation. He can’t move or throw far. I thought that they were about as good as we could hope running the ball. They just couldn’t throw it, beside one drive by Brees and a trick play.
That’s the thing we ran the ball well and then inexplicably stopped running and turned the ball over when the run is working you have to keep running until the other team shows they can stop it at least when you have limitations at qb and I love Brees as much as the next saints fan but this version of him was severely limited. Not only that but our running back may be the once in a lifetime back that’s actually capable of taking a teams whole focus and opening things up for a limited qb but it won’t matter if you dont use him correctly.

How are people blaming everyone but the one person who did not execute today, the guy who has to be taken off the field to throw the ball deep,

Coach Payton has been doing to with smoke and mirrors for a few years now, just sounds like wilful ignorance to project criticism to a Coach squeezing our 12-4 season's despite the declining skills of his QB.

How excited are you that Brees is retiring?

I’m not putting it all on the coach but as the old adage says when you win the coach gets the credit and when you lose the coach gets blamed. I love coach Payton but he doesn’t always coach to the teams strengths from my observation and perspective

That’s the thing we ran the ball well and then inexplicably stopped running and turned the ball over when the run is working you have to keep running until the other team shows they can stop it at least when you have limitations at qb and I love Brees as much as the next saints fan but this version of him was severely limited. Not only that but our running back may be the once in a lifetime back that’s actually capable of taking a teams whole focus and opening things up for a limited qb but it won’t matter if you dont use him correctly.

Thry continued running but at some point you have to respect the running clock. Brees and Cook killed this team much more than Payton. It honestly felt like the Vikings game last year. It felt like Brees simply could move the ball...and unfortunately Hill wasn’t there this time to keep it interesting.

Thry continued running but at some point you have to respect the running clock. Brees and Cook killed this team much more than Payton. It honestly felt like the Vikings game last year. It felt like Brees simply could move the ball...and unfortunately Hill wasn’t there this time to keep it interesting.
I’m talking the drive when we were up 20-13 and Kamara was running all over them and then we got pass happy and cooks fumbled. What better time for your star running back to take the game over and blow the game open. Make them show they can stop your best player. Instead we got pass happy cooks fumbled and you know the rest

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom