3 disappointing players on offense (1 Viewer)

Interesting theory. I don't understand why a rookie like Wentz can run the no huddle and looks smooth but a veteran QB and coach like we have are down to the last second trying to get everything straight.

Philly has a great young coach, remarkable trajectory from coaching high school football in Shreveport 8 years ago to a NFL gig.

I'll just say it....the early returns on Wentz look better than Luck or any other young QB in last 5-10 years and if continues Philly will be a dominant force in NFC for years to come.

That puzzled me every time. As great as our offense is, why aren't we running more no huddle offense. Running a no huddle offense keeps the defense on its heal. Why can't we run it more often. If there is a need to change something, then we have time to do it. Spend way too long in the huddle and then spend way too long getting the players line up probably. I mean really, how many wasted time out and delay of game penalties have it been already?

It all comes down to this offense having a million different personnel groupings (that might be a bit of an exaggeration) to try and create mismatches on every single play. When it works, as we all know, it can be a thing of beauty. Sometimes, however, I think it would be in the team's best interest to just let our best players stay out there and run a no huddle offense-- especially, since nobody would actually expect that from this team.

And, Cadet is, and has been the most mediocre player I've ever seen consistently on an NFL roster. He's not especially quick, fast, shifty, or powerful. And, even when he has been able to catch the ball (in season's past-- I think he's forgotten how that's supposed to work, now), he has rarely ever been able to do anything with it. With this offense, there really shouldn't be a reason to have anyone that pedestrian on the field at all.

I thought Fleener was doing great by the end of the game and he is a phenomenal blocker. Let him grow as with Coleman.

Cadet should of been cut. A game like this... WE NEEDED CJ SPILLER's Elite speed.

we tried that for a couple of years

I'll give you the 2 penalties on Coleman but the 2 incomplete passes were not all his fault. The first one, the CB clearly held Coleman's left arm down not allowing him to use it on the catch and should have been a PI. He made a great one handed grab and caught the ball but could not secure it through the role. The second was a catch very few players can make having to contort their bodies and make a fingertip grab while completely off balance.

If Coleman made those 2 catches every one would be saying how great he is and comparing him to OBJ. Not too many #1 WR's can make those catches, much less a #4 WR!
I'm going to disagree. Those were catchable passes. He made them look like acrobatic attempts that would've made the ESPN top 10. In reality, that's only because he played them wrong. They were merely back shoulder fades that he should've learned how to play long ago. I've been a Coleman supporter all along, but those incompletions are on him.

I'll say it over and over again if I have to, Fleener is a body catcher and Drew like to throw high to tall guys hands. Fleener has bad hands. It's not going to work out. He's been decent as a blocker so he's getting time on the field, but he'll never be like the last 4 guys that Drew made stars out of. The one decent catch he had against the Giants was in the numbers and he used his body to hold onto it.
So far with saints and few plays I remember with Colts, you may be absolutely right.

His hands seem to be the worst place to put the ball, and always have been. He has to be pretty open and have his body turned to the QB and the ball has to be placed where he can cradle it in.

How many times will all those perfect conditions be met? He seems like not a guy you rely on to target in option 1 in a given situation, so defenses are going to take more calculated risks at taking away the other options and leave you Fleener in single coverage.

If you cover the guy and can contest the catch you should hesitate to throw to him or odds of completion still very low -- can't go up smoothly and play the ball at the high point. If he looks open, even wide open you seem to still have roughly 50% chance he will drop, which when he does is demoralizing and has added psychological drag on momentum.

Peat - Drafted to be a fixture at OT for the next 10 years, and instead can't beat out Strief for RT job and is moved inside to G where he has been below average. Not what you expect from a top 15 draft pick.

Fleener - Soft and bad hands. Two things you absolutely cannot be as a TE for the Saints. Bonus: he runs sloppy routes. Total waste.

Coleman/Cadet - Neither are NFL caliber players and neither should see any meaningful snaps unless the 4 guys that should be ahead of them on a depth chart are injured.

I'm gonna name 3 for the defense too.

Laurenitis - Looks old and slow. Why ever did the Rams let him go?

Stephone Anthony - From bright spot and future star as a rookie, to invisible and non-existent in year 2. Bonehead decision to make him change positions, and for the record, that pick should've been Eric Kendricks!

Entire DL (including Jordan) - Still the same bunch of "guys" that cannot generate any pressure on their own and get gashed by the run at least a handful of times each game.

Peat - Drafted to be a fixture at OT for the next 10 years, and instead can't beat out Strief for RT job and is moved inside to G where he has been below average. Not what you expect from a top 15 draft pick.

Fleener - Soft and bad hands. Two things you absolutely cannot be as a TE for the Saints. Bonus: he runs sloppy routes. Total waste.

Coleman/Cadet - Neither are NFL caliber players and neither should see any meaningful snaps unless the 4 guys that should be ahead of them on a depth chart are injured.

I'm gonna name 3 for the defense too.

Laurenitis - Looks old and slow. Why ever did the Rams let him go?

Stephone Anthony - From bright spot and future star as a rookie, to invisible and non-existent in year 2. Bonehead decision to make him change positions, and for the record, that pick should've been Eric Kendricks!

Entire DL (including Jordan) - Still the same bunch of "guys" that cannot generate any pressure on their own and get gashed by the run at least a handful of times each game.

So let me guess, you want the team to crash so they will get 1 high draft choice, right?

So let me guess, you want the team to crash so they will get 1 high draft choice, right?

Nope. I'd love to get the kid from A&M, but I don't trust the FO and personnel dept to make the right call if we had a top 3 pick, after the mistakes they made with the Peat, Anthony, and Rankins picks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom