3 disappointing players on offense (1 Viewer)

Seeing sean paytons resent dumbfounded decisions he will cut snead, cooks and Mike thomas and start cadet, fleener and Coleman because they are Atlantas game plan.

Cadet is singlehandedly the worst of all of them, in my opinion. He has virtually no upside, is pedestrian on returns, has little to no breakaway speed, and his drop today in the right flat on our last possession before our final field goal was unforgivable, both in the yards he put on the turf, and the fact that it stopped the clock. He is a known, underwhelming cog. At least Fleener's best days might be ahead of him.

I was so happy when we sent him looking for other work a couple of seasons ago, and I have no clue why this staff has such an infatuation with him. Ingram could easily fill that role and a fake handoff would be far more useful - we wouldn't be telegraphing pass. (Running the ball was far from off the table on our last possession, unless you '16 Payton/Carmichael.)

I wouldn't be nearly as angry about it if they hadn't been so hasty in throwing a player like Spiller on the scrap heap. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

Sean keeps preaching getting back to a 2006 mentality to build a champion. I'll tell you what the '06 team would have done today. They would have taken that ball with 6 minutes left, shoved it down your throat, and walked into the tunnel with the ball and the win.

What a waste of one of the best defensive efforts I've watched in years.

I didn't see Sean's press conference as I am sick of football on TV for the day. But I bet it went something like this "i don't know we have to look at the tape." "Well it depends well look at the tape and see what we need to clean up." "I thought he kicked well a little low but yall just wait long after I'm gone he will be kick... oops that's last week's ramble. Just like every ramble from 2013 and on.

Two undrafted free agents, and a guy who was Allowed to walk by the team that drafted him and catlled him soft.

These guys are not playmakers. This is Just our front office trying to make diamonds out of a few lumps of coal, as they have been able to do in years past with a few others in this system. We have to remember that just because we are paying superstar caliber money (fleener) or giving quality starter minutes/plays (Coleman and cadet) to these guys, it still won't change their abilities. We have a track record of over paying and over playing guys who wouldn't even make another nfl roster, or simply don't turn out to be worth the check. (#1 in dead money, and several of the recent draft picks cut) can't get too upset at the lack of talent, be upset at the ones putting the lack of talent in situations that are above them. :idunno:
I think part of it is while pre-2009 they hit on some UDFA in a big way like Pierre Thomas and Lance Moore and somehow they seem to expect that to be the norm and they force it when it's not.

Wonder if Baltimore would take Fleener for Watson. Ben would be just as productive for us this season as Colby.

Brandon Coleman -- two costly penalties and inability to make vital plays when needed. I wish those routes were run to the more sure-handed Michael Thomas.

Coby Fleener -- we paid him handsomely so I guess it made sense to force the ball to him. Not. Too many times it put us in 2nd and 3rd and long.

Travares Cadet -- second week in row he drops easy passes that could have moved the chains and given our team a chance to score a touchdown at the end.

Cooks, Snead and Thomas should receive an ever larger share of the passes because they have shown themselves to be productive.

Spags had the perfect combination of dbs. to force the saints to move the ball using only slants, screens, and runs.

His #2 cb. Cromartie is 6'2 and runs somewhere between a 4.29 and 4.39.

His #1 cb. Jenkins is 5'10 and runs a 4.5 but is really good at playing the ball.

They prevented the wrs from getting separation to deep. The saints were forced to throw short allowing the defense to swarm after the catch.

Saints were forced to use their 2 worst pass catchers. Both with weak hands.

Fleener was signed because the saints were intrigued by his size and speed. His catching ability was why he was the # 2 te and allowed to walk by the colts. His talent is his ability to out run lbs.

Giants looked like they believed fleener would primarily be a blocker
After his catch, and then his drop giants had safety help over the top. That forced Drew to throw over a lb. and away from the safety. Fleener had to reach up and away for the ball.He isn't catching those. He has enough trouble catching the balls in front of him.

Fleener isn't going to be asset if he isn't able to have single coverage.

The only other option for the saints to throw over 10 yards was to use Colemans height advantage. He needs the ball thrown over the db so he can catch it cleanly. He was overmatched on passes that were defended.

He was promoted from # 4 receiver to # 1 or #2 in a game he wasn't prepared for.

* Cadet is only in the game because he can't catch.
They were hitting Ingram as soon as the ball got to him.

Nobody has bothered to pay attention to Cadet. Only reason he's put in is to give Drew an open receiver to check down to.

Spags had a great game plan for the giants. Whoever gave it to him would make a good DC

Brandon Coleman -- two costly penalties and inability to make vital plays when needed. I wish those routes were run to the more sure-handed Michael Thomas.

Coby Fleener -- we paid him handsomely so I guess it made sense to force the ball to him. Not. Too many times it put us in 2nd and 3rd and long.

Travares Cadet -- second week in row he drops easy passes that could have moved the chains and given our team a chance to score a touchdown at the end.

Cooks, Snead and Thomas should receive an ever larger share of the passes because they have shown themselves to be productive.
Yet we cut Spiller, who has good hands and more speed than Cadet. We may have whiffed with Fleener. Maybe we are shooting for the overall #1 pick.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Why the hell are we not throwing down the sideline to M Thomas?? Instead we throw to Coleman?

Thomas needs more passes his way. We're wasting reps on Coleman.

Why the hell are we not throwing down the sideline to M Thomas?? Instead we throw to Coleman?

Thomas needs more passes his way. We're wasting reps on Coleman.

Coleman can't catch but Sean Payton has mentioned that he can run all the routes while looking pretty.

3rd and long under 4 minutes and why we throw to Coleman is beyond me.

I'd have more confidence running the ball.

At least we would get 3 yards and improve FG position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom