3 pm press conference today Saints facility... (1 Viewer)

Anything is possible but he's talking like a guy who is closing this chapter of his life and is at peace with it.
I agree, but he never stated he wouldn't come back. I'm not a fan of presuming to know what he's thinking, and the guy I addressed has been projecting all afternoon. It gets annoying tbh.

I agree, but he never stated he wouldn't come back. I'm not a fan of presuming to know what he's thinking, and the guy I addressed has been projecting all afternoon. It gets annoying tbh.

I wasn't trying to jump into what y'all had going on (I didn't see the whole exchange) your comment was just a springboard for the thoughts I'm having.

I think he is excited at the unkown.

He has the privilege to choose whatever is next, and when you are hitting 60, that is quiet an accomplishment.
I'm 10 years away..yeah that sure is.

I'll pout some out for coach next glass of bourbon.

"The building."

That's the hardest part for me. I started watching the Saints in 1988 with my Dad when I was six years old. My entire life as a rabid Saints fan, we were one of main the laughing stocks of the league until '06. SP and Brees built this into an elite organization. Brought us a ring.

Looking around the league, that is much, much harder to do than we can even imagine. Who knows what will happen now?

Sixteen years, but I'm bummed out that our ride with our GOATs is already over.

Anything is possible but he's talking like a guy who is closing this chapter of his life and is at peace with it.

I agree. In another thread I mentioned Bill Cowher who walked away from Pittsburgh when he was only 48 years old I believe. Everyone said he'd take and year or two off and he'd be back coaching. Its been 16 years and he never went back to coaching. Some guys are content with what they've accomplished in one chapter of their life and are ready to turn the page to the next one.

I don't doubt this was difficult but, yeah, he seems at peace with his decision. He's upbeat. He's reflective. Projecting confidence about it all.

Are you seeing something different?
Sounded to me like someone who has been sold on the idea by someone else but hey I could be wrong.

I agree. In another thread I mentioned Bill Cowher who walked away from Pittsburgh when he was only 48 years old I believe. Everyone said he'd take and year or two off and he'd be back coaching. Its been 16 years and he never went back to coaching. Some guys are content with what they've accomplished in one chapter of their life and are ready to turn the page to the next one.

Well, just for clarity, I meant specifically his time coaching the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom