3 pm press conference today Saints facility... (1 Viewer)

I had a feeling this was coming when he quit the NFL competition committee earlier this year and said that "it was time" and that he wasn't going to say more because he didn't want to have to pay the fines.

I didn't want to admit it, but I had a feeling.
Also the fact that he didn't spew any venom towards the league is proof to me that he will be back on the sidelines in the future.

Watching him stumble and stutter up there shows how much he will miss the Saints. And it sounds to me like he will miss coaching as well. We may see him coaching again in the 2023 season.

Tweet is entitled, "12 years ago today: "PIGS HAVE FLOWN!" ", but...

they cut the video before he says that!

:shrug:

ETA: Weird - I Googled and Bing'd and searched other engines for "Jim Henderson, "Pigs have flown, hell has frozen over, the Saints are going to the Super bowl!"" and nothing comes up as regards a video of that call!

Last edited:
I look at Belicheck and Tomlin and don’t see them leaving anytime soon. I think Payton wants to keep coaching, but for another franchise. I believe he thinks he can’t win another championship with the Saints.

On WWL yesterday they said Payton was quoted as saying he didn't want to coach well into his 60s and the current Saints contract would take him to 60 and it would probably his last contract period.

So maybe he does go the Cowher way and stays retired. Maybe he gets the itch to coach again...who knows.

Last edited:
I didn't look through all of this thread, but a lot of it. However, here's the link to the full Presser.

For those who didn't see it (like me, who's watching it now).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom