3 reasons Teddy Bridgewater isn’t the answer - Roy Anderson @ Who Dat Dish nails it (1 Viewer)

This offense is built around Brees and his strengths. The gameplan was set when Bridgewater came in, and at that point it really can’t be changed. Payton knows what Bridgewater can do well, and I’m sure this week has been tweaking the heck out of the offense to fit Bridgewater’s strengths better.

Or at least that’s what I hope
I really thought we were told that we signed Bridgewater because he could run the same game plan as Drew. I mean, he's in all the same QB meetings, knows the routes the receivers are running, etc.. He should have been mentally prepared to go into that game having been a part of the game plan all week leading up to the game and he was not.

I'm totally pulling for TB this week and every week he's playing QB, but I want to see improvements, and kinda fast. He's a vet after all.

If Payton truly believes he's the Steve Young of the Future or whatever he said, I think Payton wants to put as little on film possible showing Hill's improvement at QB since he's a RFA after this season and it could cause a QB desperate team to offer him money we couldn't match if Drew comes back next year. IMO, if he though TB was the future, he'd have signed him to more than a one year deal to at least spread out his $7MM cap hit. Maybe just even two years. IDK. The length of his contract leads me to believe he wants to keep developing Hill regardless of Drew playing or not next year. If Drew doesn't play next year, and Hill makes the same strides he did this year from last, he'll be a pretty good QB.

It’s heady praise, but from the quotes I’ve seen, Payton is making the comparison as much for the athleticism and late start to his career. He called it “creating a vision” for a player. I think it works on those conditions, but we really don’t know how close Hill is to having Payton’s confidence to be a starter.

I’m trying to be
I really thought we were told that we signed Bridgewater because he could run the same game plan as Drew. I mean, he's in all the same QB meetings, knows the routes the receivers are running, etc.. He should have been mentally prepared to go into that game having been a part of the game plan all week leading up to the game and he was not.

I'm totally pulling for TB this week and every week he's playing QB, but I want to see improvements, and kinda fast. He's a vet after all.
I’m trying to be positive

Aikman noted it. They were putting 8 men in the box because they simply didn't respect Bridgewater's passing ability. Perhaps he proves all the doubters wrong this weekend? But I need to see it.

Aikmans an idiot but he was right on that observation. I don't think it was just Bridgewater though, McCoy and backup G Clapp simply couldn't block Donald, they knew they could get almost immediate pressure much of the time....it's difficult to throw downfield under those conditions....

Aikmans an idiot but he was right on that observation. I don't think it was just Bridgewater though, McCoy and backup G Clapp simply couldn't block Donald, they knew they could get almost immediate pressure much of the time....it's difficult to throw downfield under those conditions....

Even when Donald was out we couldn't get in the endzone.

Seems like a good time to see what Vinny Testaverde is up to. I hear theres a cap credit if you start a QB who is on Medicare.

The only question for me at this point is how long and how far Payton allows this ship to sink before calling Bridgewatergate a failed event.

I dont think Hill is a savior, but I do think he is dynamic enough to give us at least a chance in every game Brees is out. WIth Bridgewater, we might get past Arizona and either Chicago or Tampa.
[/QUI would hope no more than two series of downs.. That should be enough..unless he shines...

I’m trying to be
I’m trying to be positive
I'm with you and am becoming more and more positive as the days pass. The playbook is huge and they'll practice plays that weren't run at all in practice with Brees starting last week.

I just hope Teddy gets his confidence back and looks like the QB he does in the Teddy's TD's video.

I'm with you and am becoming more and more positive as the days pass. The playbook is huge and they'll practice plays that weren't run at all in practice with Brees starting last week.

I just hope Teddy gets his confidence back and looks like the QB he does in the Teddy's TD's video.

Players always look good in the highlights reel. I think that is why they are called highlights.

Even the mediocre QB's throw a strike on occasion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom