3 Round Saints Mock with FA[1/18/07] (1 Viewer)

He signed a one year deal this past year when they franchised him. Part of the agreement was that they would not franchise him again this year. Briggs is a free agent.

Seriously? Crap, the article must have been an old one then..thanks

FYI, Lance Briggs signed a 1 year contract last year. He's hasn't signed for next year yet and will be a FA. It would make little sense for Briggs to sign a 1-year deal with the Bears with the FA goldmine right in front of him.

Thanks, I'll add him in my next version, wich I'll probably put up tomorrow

Thats a solid offseason. Faneca would fit very well in New Orleans and he would love to play here. We already have two solid OTs, Faneca would bring the Probowl vet experience that we need for the rest of our young OL protecting Drew. Florence is a decent corner, not the best in coverage but he plays physically. He has a thug mentality though, this past season he was fined for a nasty cheapshot on Texans QB Schaub which gave him a concussion. But this defense needs too stop being so nice so maybe Florence is a good fit, and he wont break the bank.

If we dont trade down, K Phillips at 10 is a reasonable pick. Cant complain about the defense in round two or three either. I still think we need a new OLB to defend on the weakside, Im not even convinced that Shanle > Simmons. This guy could be available in the 3rd round....

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/wesley_woodyard.htm

Attachments

• Wesley Woodyard.jpg
    Wesley Woodyard.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 43
Conners is such a major reach at 10. We'd better not take him over Phillips or Ellis just because we "need" a LB.

I love Mayo in the 2nd and think he will be just as good as Conner if not better.

i have to agree with bonchie on this one im not high on conners either. if phillips or ellis are off the board and we have no trade partner id go with keith rivers. i used to be real high on mike jenkins but after further review im strating to like a. cason. i hope he falls to us in the second round or we can make a play to get back in the latter part of the first to get him. i think hes gonna be the real deal.:9:

But this defense needs too stop being so nice so maybe Florence is a good fit, and he wont break the bank.

We could use a hitter for a change. I can only think of two REAL hitters on this club, guys who would make you wince whenever they hit someone.. the Dome Patrol (counts as one) and Tom Myers.

Gene Atkins was a hitter.

How about Keith Rivers? His size and measurables are great, but is he a hitter?

Gene Atkins was a hitter.

How about Keith Rivers? His size and measurables are great, but is he a hitter?

Yes sir he is. A very big hitter, actually. I remember one specific hit vs UCLA lastyear, he got an unnecessary roughness penalty for it, as they said the guy was already out of bounds, but he picked a fullback up off his feet and slammed him on the ground. prettymuch bodyslammed him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom