3 Saints Plays up for Greatest NFL Play Ever (1 Viewer)

Yeah, I'm pretty annoyed that TP's pick 6 is up against what has long been a signature highlight of Walter Payton's career. Even so, TP is more memorable for me, of course.

I have no understanding why the Polamau play is beating Gleason's blocked punt. It's not a terribly exciting play in the first place. The blocked punt should be winning by a landslide. Go figure.

btw, there's already a thread about this, but it's all good. SOme have probably missed it and maybe more people might vote...

To us the punt is much more memorable, but without the buildup of the story behind it, the average fan only sees a punt block. The story is what makes it great, and we shall always have that.

Unfortunately, there's no context to Gleason's block provided on the video. The average NFL fan won't remember, and Polamalu's interception was way more impressive on an athletic level.

This. I think this goes down as much more memorable play than the pick six. While the interception is what sealed the deal, it was the onside kick that changed the course of the game. Not to mention its the first time a trick play like that had been tried in the Super Bowl.

Scroll down and look at the 15 seed in Sanders' bracket - Billy Johnson Hail Mary. Down at the 1. Luckily for the Falcons instant replay didn't exist in 1983. Perhaps we've discovered the origin of the Falcons' uncanny ability to benefit from every blown call in a game.

I miss Barry Sanders. What a great player that guy was. I also loved watching Bo Jackson. I take exception with the Lynch run if only because the Saints were trying to strip him not tackle him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom