3 transactions after game (1 Viewer)

I wonder who we will bring in to replace these guys. The better question would be what position will they be looking at to bring in and replace these guys. I would look to bring in some defensive players.

Last edited:
I wonder who we will bring in to replace these guys. The better question would be what position will they be looking at to bring in and replace these guys. I would look to bring in some defensive players.

Very surprised they terminated Rishard Matthew's contract. They must have a ton of confidence in LQS, Kirk and this crop of rookies.

The Matthews move I think is less about confidence in the other guys are much more to do with what some pointed out when he was signed. Dude has attitude issues. He has been termed by some a locker room cancer. He has some talent. But team dynamic is way more important than focusing just on yourself.

I didn't get to watch the first preseason game. I did, of course, review the box score to see if anything stood out. Beyond Teddy having what seemed to be a good game. I noticed Matthews with one catch for9 yards. My immediate reaction, if he wasn't hurt, I bet the issues some mentioned begin to show. Two days later, the contract is terminated. Not surprised at all. IMO, the guy clearly thinks he is special and wants to be treated as such. AB is barely worth his diva attitude. Matthews isn't close to being worth it.

The Matthews move I think is less about confidence in the other guys are much more to do with what some pointed out when he was signed. Dude has attitude issues. He has been termed by some a locker room cancer. He has some talent. But team dynamic is way more important than focusing just on yourself.

I didn't get to watch the first preseason game. I did, of course, review the box score to see if anything stood out. Beyond Teddy having what seemed to be a good game. I noticed Matthews with one catch for9 yards. My immediate reaction, if he wasn't hurt, I bet the issues some mentioned begin to show. Two days later, the contract is terminated. Not surprised at all. IMO, the guy clearly thinks he is special and wants to be treated as such. AB is barely worth his diva attitude. Matthews isn't close to being worth it.

...and the one catch Matthews did have was later in the 2nd half against long shots...

My understanding is that Matthews requested to leave. Perhaps he cannot reconcile football with his personal life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom