3 types of saintsfans...... (1 Viewer)

I never turned the game of. I broke stuff, but never turned the game off. At 24-3, I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that we would at least make it a game. That we wouldn't just collapse. Because that wouldn't be the team I was watching throughout the offseason, mini-camps, training camps, preseason, and five spectacular regular season games. Diehards up, bandwagoners down.

1)diehard even when we were down 24-3 we still had their back and knew saints would comeback.......#2 bandwagon saintsfan,turned the game off when score was 24-3 and quote"same ole saints" then worst of all #3 antagonistic saintsfans or haters,seems like when the score was 24-3 these people seemed to come out in droves,laughing seemingly getting joy from watching the saints struggle,did any of you get these hateful phone calls as well??? i got the last laugh though! lololol

Quotes from my facebook page during the game (all times Eastern):

" The messed up part is that we're shutting down thw wildcat. But nothing else is working. Still, plenty of time...
Yesterday at 5:18pm via Mobile Web"

"Good way to end the half. Two stops and scores in the second, and it's back on.
Yesterday at 5:58pm via Mobile Web"

"This game is not close to being over, son!
Yesterday at 6:50pm via Mobile Web"

So which one am I? ;)

don't forget the "i'm more of a fan than you" fan

Believe me it matters when you're watching a game with a negative Saints fan. They can nearly suck all the enjoyment out a game if the Saints fall behind with a few bad bounces.

I prefer to watch the game with #1 types or else totally alone with the phone off the hook.

Yeah, like when Archie was the color man in the booth. :jpshakehead: :hihi:

If there is something beyond #1 then I am in that category. I cannot and will not ever give up on this team (my Saints Tattoo won't let me).

As far as away games go, I prefer to watch them at home with only my Brother a a couple of select other people around. I can't stand trying to hear the game over other people's b**ching.

I could never turn the game off. I get to watch my Saints for a few precious hours each Sunday during the season and I couldn't imagine giving that up because they were losing. It's like watching your kid perform. Even if they don't do a great job, you give them a standing ovation and let everyone know "That's My Kid" and I love em. It's the same with the Saints for me.

Well I don't want to take all the credit but once I stood up they started to play a lot better. I stood the whole 2nd half, the rest is history.

Some of us longtime fans are so conditioned to the "same ol' Saints" that when something like this happens, old memories come back, we start saying "here we go again", we leave the room in disgust (only to listen in and watch anyway); then those who haven't been fans since the 1-15 days mistakenly call us "bandwagon fans". Nothing is farther from the truth. These are learned behaviors from years of pain, and exhibiting some of these behaviors doesn't signal "bandwagon"; it is merely the mark of a scarred, war-weary fan. Some of us may sound pessimistic, but considering what we've been through, there's no way we're one of those bandwagon jockeys. If we were, we would have left years and years ago.
:plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2::plus-un2:

I am a die hard fan and I am willing to admit that I wanted to turn the tube off late in the 2nd Q but every game I have ever watched I watch until the clock runs out. I have seen time and time again where we come out flat and just continue to get destroyed. It's like a train wreck. It is too hard to turn away. I figured this would be hard game to win and it was.

I didn't think we could come back from that defecit if Miami scored another one but we held them and got it to within 2 scores. At that point I figured we had a shot. The missed extra point brought flash backs from Jacksonville all over again but still I had to watch what was unfolding.

I am glad we won and it shows that this team is ELITE. This is NOT the same ole Saints.

Well I don't want to take all the credit but once I stood up they started to play a lot better. I stood the whole 2nd half, the rest is history.
heck i never sit down durning the games..i walk about 15 miles a game... after D.Sharper pix 6,thats when i knew the Saints would win this game:9:

I can not fathom how anyone could walk out of the Dome or turn this Saints team off the T.V. when they get down in a game like we did yesterday. This team is so awesome, They can score 20-30 points before you have time to wipe your rear.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom