3 types of saintsfans...... (1 Viewer)

Why can't we both be #1 fans without there being a 1A and 1B? Just let it happen.

I was just playing along with the first post, dude we're all the same fans, I don't make judgements on fan nation ;o)

Well I was offshore watchin on James' stream and there were a few of us that kept the faith thru the 1st half. James was definately 1 of them w/ logical reasons on how to come back, especially afetr the score before halftime. A few were ready for the starters to pack it in after the Ellis injury so all would be available for the ATL game.

All I know is that for some odd reason, I was more nervous playing the Jets being up by 7 than down by 21 @ MIA. I had a feeling once the D, mainly Vilma, started stuffing their runs, we would be ok. There was a play in particular where Vilma & Grant stuffed Brown on a 3rd & 2 that really pumped the D up big time.

Once the D settled down I had alot of confidence in SP and 2nd half adjustments. I understood and figured out his initial game plan to spread them out & pass, unfortunately, it wasnt working. I figured we would come out w/ more max protections & get the running game going.

After the Sharper TD, I knew we wouldnt lose.

I dont know where that puts me on the fan spectrum and I dont care. I have come to learn to base my emotions on my FB IQ and eventhough we were losing, I felt we were playing good D and basically the TOs in the 1st half put our D in some bad spots.

I became a fan at age 10 and started understanding FB at age 15. I have seen some great wins & great disappointments over the last 24 years, but I am trying these days to base everything off this team, not the past. This is the most complete team w/ an above average O and a better than average D. So no logic tells me we cant pull out wins regardless of the score. No logic tells me this team will collapse.

2006 was great, they were playing off a season long emotional high. This year we are playing off the last 2 years emotional lows, which is a driving factor, with a veteran team, that cant be understated. These guys have had enough of losing & not reaching their goals. The D is tired of being the cause of losses, they are out to prove their worth. This is a complete team on a mission. When the teams pride & talent level matches, the sky is the limit. We finally have both, on both sides the ball.

And Im lovin it.

You forgot #4, superstitious Saints fans who realized after we were down 24-3 that they had performed ritual X incorrectly and turned off the game to stop jinxing the Saints. All you #1 fans need to give some thanks to all us #4 fans for saving the day!

And I promise not to switch shirts right before kickoff even though I know I'm required to wear the same shirt all of Saturday and Sunday!

This is sort of what I had to do yesterday. It's usually my husband and I only watching the game. For the first time, my husband invited a friend over. Right before halftime, I told him, "You are bad luck. Leave."

He didn't think I was serious, but my husband backed me up. Two plays later, Brees scored.

I hate the second and third groups. There have been so many haters and I told you so people in my life growing up. A lot of them are no longer with us.

Now wait a minute. Lets clean this up a bit.

1a) diehard who wasn't really paying attention in 93 and hadn't been through the "same old Saints years" and only know the Saints of Drew Brees - even when we were down 24-3 still had their back and knew saints would comeback because they hadn't been through THE HORROR ;)

1b) diehard who was around in 93 and the Phili playoff loss when we were up 21-10 and been through losing all those other playoff games we should have won when we were down 24-3 thought, "we have Drew Brees, don't let him get hurt, should we pull him. Wait our defense just got the ball back before the half, if anyone can do it it's Brees. No Drew don't get yourself killed taking it up the middle! Wait touchdown! Holy cow we are going to win this thing, this isn't 93 or any other year, sure am glad I bet all that money that we'd win the Superbowl!"

2) same old Saints but I'll watch anyway because I love them no matter whan, but man the stink - We WON We WON! we are the greatest team EVER. MIAMI YOU STINK

3) bandwagoners who turned to another game but when that game ended and they were forced to watch the Saint game which was like 4 hours long suddenly hoped back on ;)

4) everyone else who just says Reggie Bush stinks ;)

A DeaninLA sighting? W00t!

Maybe there should be a

5) Diehard fan who's just watched the wheels come completely off and figured "Well, nobody goes 16-0." but kept watching, hoping against hope.

I got sick to my stomach and left the house I was watching the game at. I just had to be by myself and watch it. No obnoxious chatter from people over my shoulder. I just kept reminding myself of Drew against Green Bay in 2006.

During the game, my friends kept texting and complaining and I responded the game isnt over yet. Win or Lose I'm there till the end.

I got sick to my stomach and left the house I was watching the game at. I just had to be by myself and watch it. No obnoxious chatter from people over my shoulder. I just kept reminding myself of Drew against Green Bay in 2006.

I thought about that game too, that's when you started to see what Brees could do for this team.

WHO DAT

Ive worn the same boxers, shorts, customized jersey, hat, held the same football, covered with the same saints blanket, and drank out of the same glass for every game. I spilled some tea on my shorts before the game and got nervous. When things go bad, I take the hat off from a headache and try to eat something for the ulcer. If it looks like we may lose, I consider changing clothes. I prefer watching games alone, but occasionally have friends over. I have to throw the football up in the air and catch it every time in between plays and during commercial breaks. I must not drop it. I kiss the Saints helment when I feel a turnover or touchdown is needed, and you'd be surprised how many times it has worked over the years. Im really glad we won so I don't have to change my outfit.

During bad play, I am in a foul, foul mood. Yesterday it was cussing at FOX for switching to the game well after it started, on the third down and 11. They are the reason the Saints didn't score on the first drive because our collective juju couldn't be with the team. They are also the reason for the poor start because of the replay malfunction that drastically changed field position and playcalling on the goaline. The replay booth works, you never see Drew rushing a throw out of the endzone so he doesn't take a safety.

I absolutely hate some saints "fans". Those who make fun of me at work for wearing Saints gear every day (during 2005 and the first few weeks of 2006), then turn around and are all of the sudden "die hards" when the Saints start winning-- fair weather fans, yet are the first to talk **** on the Saints the minute something bad happens. And the ****ing sellout fans who are "also" Dallas fans. When it comes to the Saints, nothing makes me want to drop a million F bombs more than these "fans". Not the media, not terrible coaches, not terrible play, but "fans" who don't love our team in a self sacrificial way.

We are all Children of Breesus, peace be with Him.

You can put me in the "diehard but will call out his Saints when they aren't playing up to their potential" crowd. I've never left a game early, but when I know the Saints are better than what they are showing, I voice my dissatisfaction. Been a fan since 1980, and have screamed a lot of obsenities in my 29 years as a Saints fan, but have always went to every game I could and tuned in when I couldn't. Never missed a game, even when they were only playing for pride.

I get to a point where I turn my hat on stright and don't talk to anyone until things turn around. I never think we are going to lose but I do get ****ed when we are not playing at our best.

You forgot #4, superstitious Saints fans who realized after we were down 24-3 that they had performed ritual X incorrectly and turned off the game to stop jinxing the Saints. All you #1 fans need to give some thanks to all us #4 fans for saving the day!

And I promise not to switch shirts right before kickoff even though I know I'm required to wear the same shirt all of Saturday and Sunday!

I had 2 friends TXT'ing me during the second half and by that time I was in serious-fan mode...I told them both to maintain radio silence until the end of the game. I didn't want to talk to anyone.

If there is something beyond #1 then I am in that category. I cannot and will not ever give up on this team (my Saints Tattoo won't let me).

As far as away games go, I prefer to watch them at home with only my Brother a a couple of select other people around. I can't stand trying to hear the game over other people's b**ching.

All of these I can relate to. I never give up on my team, and if I have to suffer through a less than Saintly outing, I prefer to do it alone or with other fans that refuse to jump ship. By that I mean even saying a disparraging word against them.

Ive worn the same boxers, shorts, customized jersey, hat, held the same football, covered with the same saints blanket, and drank out of the same glass for every game. I spilled some tea on my shorts before the game and got nervous. When things go bad, I take the hat off from a headache and try to eat something for the ulcer. If it looks like we may lose, I consider changing clothes. I prefer watching games alone, but occasionally have friends over. I have to throw the football up in the air and catch it every time in between plays and during commercial breaks. I must not drop it. I kiss the Saints helment when I feel a turnover or touchdown is needed, and you'd be surprised how many times it has worked over the years. Im really glad we won so I don't have to change my outfit.

Spoken like a true #4 fan. :)

All of these I can relate to. I never give up on my team, and if I have to suffer through a less than Saintly outing, I prefer to do it alone or with other fans that refuse to jump ship. By that I mean even saying a disparraging word against them.

Same here. All my friends and most of my family know not to call until half time or the end of the game, and only to call if we are winning and the game is close. My mom is the only one not familiar with this protocol, as she will call during a critical 2 minuted drive at the end of a game (especially during LSU games).

Same here. All my friends and most of my family know not to call until half time or the end of the game, and only to call if we are winning and the game is close. My mom is the only one not familiar with this protocol, as she will call during a critical 2 minuted drive at the end of a game (especially during LSU games).

Yea, moms don't care about how we "see" things. Mine does the same thing and she's a Bronco fan, so I get to deal with her being all giddy so far this season. Her message yesterday was "give me a call when the game is over if you are not too PO'd", at half I called her to tell her to never doubt my Saints and that she needed to stop calling during games.
She called again in the 4th
Go figure

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom