3 types of saintsfans...... (1 Viewer)

1b) diehard who was around in 93 and the Phili playoff loss when we were up 21-10

We were up 20-10, not 21-10. A true fan would know that. :jpshakehead:

I had to watch the first half yesterday at work on jameskp. At halftime, I hustled up to Legends sports bar, swigged two high-energy bloody mary comeback drinks, and strapped it on for possibly the best half of Saints football I've watched since 1972.

1)diehard even when we were down 24-3 we still had their back and knew saints would comeback.......#2 bandwagon saintsfan,turned the game off when score was 24-3 and quote"same ole saints" then worst of all #3 antagonistic saintsfans or haters,seems like when the score was 24-3 these people seemed to come out in droves,laughing seemingly getting joy from watching the saints struggle,did any of you get these hateful phone calls as well??? i got the last laugh though! lololol

No, those people know better than to call me and laugh when the Saints are down. They know they would find their pet nailed to their front door in the morning with a note that says "Who's laughing now?"

One could also say that of the 3 people you referenced, thet diehard is the one that turned the TV off. The bandwagon fans don't know the scarred souls that us diehards harbor due to years of following the Mora/Ditka/Haslett eras. That being said, a Super Bowl win is going to wipe away any pessimism that may still be lodged underneath my skin.

Can we merge this thread with all the other comparative fandom threads popping up today? Stop trying to assert your superior fandom, or draw and quarter Saints fans into silly categories. Can't we just enjoy the ride?

Been bleeding BLACK & GOLD since 1986!!! If the ship starts to sink, I'm going down with it. BELIEVE THAT!!!

What about fans who were angry and frustrated when it was 24-3, totally expecting them to lose, but still didn't turn the game off and enjoyed watching the comeback very much?

im 18 and ive always been a #1, living closer to Baton Rouge all my friends would dog the hell out of me about how LSU could beat the saints....it was tough but i stayed strong, now all i can say is, dont worry baton rouge at least new orleans can beat a Florida team! WHO DAT!

I'd be willing to bet a few of those No.2/3 are the same ones who say at least we still have LSU when Saints are down.

You forgot #4, superstitious Saints fans who realized after we were down 24-3 that they had performed ritual X incorrectly and turned off the game to stop jinxing the Saints. All you #1 fans need to give some thanks to all us #4 fans for saving the day!

And I promise not to switch shirts right before kickoff even though I know I'm required to wear the same shirt all of Saturday and Sunday!

This was me. I usually wear my black Saints hat during games. I have worn it every game this year. My wife and I took our 1 yr old daughter to see Sesame Street live at the arena before the game, and I didnt have it on for that. I did however pack it in one of the bags we brought to the party we went to for the game. When it was 24-3 I realized why we were losing, I was not wearing my hat. I went inside and found it in the bag, put it on, and tradgedy was avoided. Whewww !!!! Good thing I remembered when I did.

What about fans who were angry and frustrated when it was 24-3, totally expecting them to lose, but still didn't turn the game off and enjoyed watching the comeback very much?

IF you still had the game on, you were probably holding on to what little hope you had. I'm ok with that. I personally don't like to categorize fans. A fan is a fan in my book. I'll treat all Saints fans the same way, but if you're the type to leave the game, turn off the game, or tune into a different game when the team is losing, don't expect any love until the following Sunday when you're back on the wagon.

Dean had to mention Wade Wilson and the 5-0 start. I admit I turned off the radio at halftime, yet every five min kept checking back in until life came back to them. Give up, no but to save blood pressure/friendships/marriage/nearby belongings sometimes I will turn off the tv for a few.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom