3 types of saintsfans...... (1 Viewer)

DreadedWarrior

Dreams do come true!!!!!!
Reaction score
1)diehard even when we were down 24-3 we still had their back and knew saints would comeback.......#2 bandwagon saintsfan,turned the game off when score was 24-3 and quote"same ole saints" then worst of all #3 antagonistic saintsfans or haters,seems like when the score was 24-3 these people seemed to come out in droves,laughing seemingly getting joy from watching the saints struggle,did any of you get these hateful phone calls as well??? i got the last laugh though! lololol

You have bad apples in every bunch. Fortunately for Who Dat Nation we have fewer of type 2 and type 3 than most other fan bases. :9:

You have bad apples in every bunch. Fortunately for Who Dat Nation we have fewer of type 2 and type 3 than most other fan bases. :9:
Type 2 often buys season tickets and tunes in the next week too, even if they wind up being right about a loss. You can't be a long term Saints fan if you can't deal with your pessimism in one way or another. I don't blame the folks that deal with it by tuning out or expecting disaster, I just think they miss a good ride the 7-10 times we've had one (and yes, as an optimist and realist I count the Rams kicking us in with Bum as a good ride overall).

I thought we were going to lose down 24-3.

It wasn't a pessimistic or lack of faith thing, more of a common sense thing : you're down 24-3 against a good defense clock eating team, chances are you will lose.

Glad I was wrong. I watched passionately, often flipping around in circles on the floor for things that went our way.

I get to a point where I turn my hat on stright and don't talk to anyone until things turn around. I never think we are going to lose but I do get ****ed when we are not playing at our best.

I'm a #1, but was watching the game with some #2's and 3's at my house...when the 3's started cracking their jokes, I got extremely ****** and told them to shut up (with some expletives):hihi: or get the **** out of my house!!! Needless to say, they shut up and then began getting all kinds of excited when we started doing well in the 2nd half...as much as I wanted to tell them they weren't allowed to begin cheering again, I didn't worry about it because I was so happy and going too crazy!!!

I was working in the ER all day so I had to follow the game on my Blackberry and online as much as I had time for. When we were down 24-3 and it was just in the second quarter, I knew we would start scoring eventually, but I wasn't sure we had the TIME to catch up as well as stop them. Didn't really have anything to do with faith that Brees and company would get it together. It's just that I wasn't sure we'd have the time to do so. We were aided by bad clock management by the Dolphins.

You are right dude, and even here on SR we have quite a few of type 2 and 3. Just look at Gameday Board and you will see the ridiculous titles like "We are really walking over Dolphins, LOL". Is that supposed to be funny to a real Saints fan? I say No, but many replied "Yeah, you are right, LOL". Just get off this wagon dudes and go back to being a Cowboys fan.

You forgot #4, superstitious Saints fans who realized after we were down 24-3 that they had performed ritual X incorrectly and turned off the game to stop jinxing the Saints. All you #1 fans need to give some thanks to all us #4 fans for saving the day!

And I promise not to switch shirts right before kickoff even though I know I'm required to wear the same shirt all of Saturday and Sunday!

I get to a point where I turn my hat on stright and don't talk to anyone until things turn around. I never think we are going to lose but I do get ****ed when we are not playing at our best.

I had 2 friends TXT'ing me during the second half and by that time I was in serious-fan mode...I told them both to maintain radio silence until the end of the game. I didn't want to talk to anyone.

I can honestly say that I never changed the channel once, and kept the 4 letter expletives to a surprising minimum. Saints fan til I die.

on "The Channel" people were giving up in the room, I stayed strong never had a doubt we could get back in it and win it.

Sorry, but I'm a fan of 34 years (moved to Baton Rouge in '75, been a fan ever since). But when they got down 24-3 against another NFL team, I assumed they were in for their first loss this season. That doesn't mean I changed the channel, I just mixed my next Jack 'n' Coke that much stronger and prepared to suffer through the second half.

Now, after watching the maturing of Sean Payton and his playcalling (right before our very eyes), witnessing Drew literally put the offense on his back (2 rushing touchdowns), and seeing Saint Gregg's defense score 2 touchdowns, I am now officially a Saints Homer!

Saints_homer.GIF

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom