3 types of saintsfans...... (1 Viewer)

I got #3 from my buddy who is a Patriots/Giants fan (I always say he's a band wagon fan...all our buddies agree but whatever) when the score was 24-3. I told him **** the saints will come back, it aint over til the clock reads "0:00". I laughed when we won...he still hasnt sad anything back

Edit: Actually I didnt say anything to him until we took the lead. I was scared to say anything cause I didn't wanna jinx us. I thought it was safe to say something once porter ran it back.

To bad my g/f is a cowboys fan :sigh:

I'd have to say that the entire crowd at Buffalo Wild Wings in Bedford, TX. are #1 Saints fans. :9:

Some of us longtime fans are so conditioned to the "same ol' Saints" that when something like this happens, old memories come back, we start saying "here we go again", we leave the room in disgust (only to listen in and watch anyway); then those who haven't been fans since the 1-15 days mistakenly call us "bandwagon fans". Nothing is farther from the truth. These are learned behaviors from years of pain, and exhibiting some of these behaviors doesn't signal "bandwagon"; it is merely the mark of a scarred, war-weary fan. Some of us may sound pessimistic, but considering what we've been through, there's no way we're one of those bandwagon jockeys. If we were, we would have left years and years ago.

If you are a TRUE FAN, you really don't worry about the degree of other people's fandom. I've watched them for years, taken my lumps and don't care if the guy next to me with a Bush jersey on is a fan for 20 years or 20 minutes, it simply DOESN'T matter.

When we went down 24-3, I pretty much expected to lose, but never quit watching. I started to rationalize, there is no way we are gonna go undefeated the whole year and that it was good that we were gonna lose to an AFC team. But then when Drew scored right before the half, I KNEW, I KNEW...14 points is NOTHING to this offense.

1)diehard even when we were down 24-3 we still had their back and knew saints would comeback.......#2 bandwagon saintsfan,turned the game off when score was 24-3 and quote"same ole saints" then worst of all #3 antagonistic saintsfans or haters,seems like when the score was 24-3 these people seemed to come out in droves,laughing seemingly getting joy from watching the saints struggle,did any of you get these hateful phone calls as well??? i got the last laugh though! lololol

Now wait a minute. Lets clean this up a bit.

1a) diehard who wasn't really paying attention in 93 and hadn't been through the "same old Saints years" and only know the Saints of Drew Brees - even when we were down 24-3 still had their back and knew saints would comeback because they hadn't been through THE HORROR ;)

1b) diehard who was around in 93 and the Phili playoff loss when we were up 21-10 and been through losing all those other playoff games we should have won when we were down 24-3 thought, "we have Drew Brees, don't let him get hurt, should we pull him. Wait our defense just got the ball back before the half, if anyone can do it it's Brees. No Drew don't get yourself killed taking it up the middle! Wait touchdown! Holy cow we are going to win this thing, this isn't 93 or any other year, sure am glad I bet all that money that we'd win the Superbowl!"

2) same old Saints but I'll watch anyway because I love them no matter whan, but man the stink - We WON We WON! we are the greatest team EVER. MIAMI YOU STINK

3) bandwagoners who turned to another game but when that game ended and they were forced to watch the Saint game which was like 4 hours long suddenly hoped back on ;)

4) everyone else who just says Reggie Bush stinks ;)

I actually thought the Saints would score 7 more than they did.

Saints fan since 85, living in NEW ENGLAND.

I'm a #1... But someone mentioned his BlackBerry. Well, I follow Jeff Duncan on Twitter and get his texts. He is surprisingly a #3. When the Saints were down big he started making a bunch of wise cracks. It was really annoying, and I had to shut him off.

Now wait a minute. Lets clean this up a bit.

1a) diehard who wasn't really paying attention in 93 and hadn't been through the "same old Saints years" and only know the Saints of Drew Brees - even when we were down 24-3 still had their back and knew saints would comeback because they hadn't been through THE HORROR ;)

1b) diehard who was around in 93 and the Phili playoff loss when we were up 21-10 and been through losing all those other playoff games we should have won when we were down 24-3 thought, "we have Drew Brees, don't let him get hurt, should we pull him. Wait our defense just got the ball back before the half, if anyone can do it it's Brees. No Drew don't get yourself killed taking it up the middle! Wait touchdown! Holy cow we are going to win this thing, this isn't 93 or any other year, sure am glad I bet all that money that we'd win the Superbowl!"

2) same old Saints but I'll watch anyway because I love them no matter whan, but man the stink - We WON We WON! we are the greatest team EVER. MIAMI YOU STINK

3) bandwagoners who turned to another game but when that game ended and they were forced to watch the Saint game which was like 4 hours long suddenly hoped back on ;)

4) everyone else who just says Reggie Bush stinks ;)

Dude I was 8 in 93.

Dude I was 8 in 93.

that's what I mean, you didn't live through 5-0 thinking Wade Wilson is the greatest quarterback in Saints history only to end up 8-8 ;)

I'm a #1... But someone mentioned his BlackBerry. Well, I follow Jeff Duncan on Twitter and get his texts. He is surprisingly a #3. When the Saints were down big he started making a bunch of wise cracks. It was really annoying, and I had to shut him off.

Duncan is not a Saints fan only a reporter on the Saints.

If you are a TRUE FAN, you really don't worry about the degree of other people's fandom. I've watched them for years, taken my lumps and don't care if the guy next to me with a Bush jersey on is a fan for 20 years or 20 minutes, it simply DOESN'T matter.

Believe me it matters when you're watching a game with a negative Saints fan. They can nearly suck all the enjoyment out a game if the Saints fall behind with a few bad bounces.

I prefer to watch the game with #1 types or else totally alone with the phone off the hook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom