3-way Tie Between us, Seahawks, and Packers (1 Viewer)

harrty

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
ESPN playoff generator has us falling to 3rd seed with Seattle as 1st and Green Bay as 2nd. Why wouldn’t it be Green Bay, us, and then Seattle?

ESPN playoff generator has us falling to 3rd seed with Seattle as 1st and Green Bay as 2nd. Why wouldn’t it be Green Bay, us, and then Seattle?

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after third or other clubs are eliminated, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of applicable two-club format.)

1. Apply division tie breaker to eliminate all but the highest ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tie breaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two Wild-Card participants.
  2. Head-to-head sweep. (Applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others.)
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

I think we get eliminated first due to conference record.
Not sure what tie breaker Seattle wins over Green Bay.

It automatically goes to conference record since we haven’t all played each other.

Last edited:
I think we get eliminated first due to conference record.
Not sure what tie breaker Seattle wins over Green Bay.

After the third team is eliminated (us because of conference record) the tie breakers go back to step 1. But GB and SEA have the same overall record, conference record, and division record.

So I think it goes to Common games after that. GB lost to Philly and San Fran. SEA beat both of those teams, so I think that gives them the edge

Last edited:
All because we slept on the falcons coming out of the bye. Wow 6-7 sacks on Brees! Who would have thought. Usually Payon has the saints ready coming out of a bye, wonder if it was the wedding and how does it happen that you schedule a wedding in the middle of the season? Didnt anyone jump up and say hey " Is that a good idea?" Was this a shotgun wedding of some kind?

Seems to me like we could be in a position in week 17 to rest our starters (or pull them early from the game) not because we have a bye locked up, but because we will be stuck in at the 3 seed regardless of how our game goes in week 17.

Seems to me like we could be in a position in week 17 to rest our starters (or pull them early from the game) not because we have a bye locked up, but because we will be stuck in at the 3 seed regardless of how our game goes in week 17.

Vikings will beat that bad GB defense at home next week. Week 17 we will be playing for the 1 seed

GB will lose next Monday night in minn

then it’s a two way tie with seattle
1 seed again provided saints win tomorrow and next Sunday.
Vikings are beat up without Cook and Theilen. Cook went out today, reinjuring the right shoulder. Did not look good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom