3-way Tie Between us, Seahawks, and Packers (1 Viewer)

That isnt how it works. If we all win out, it will be SEA at #1, GB at #2, NO at #3.

So technically, SFs loss yo ATL could possibly hurt us. Ugh!

I know there are always more than one reason to dislike the Falcons!

All because we slept on the falcons coming out of the bye. Wow 6-7 sacks on Brees! Who would have thought. Usually Payon has the saints ready coming out of a bye, wonder if it was the wedding and how does it happen that you schedule a wedding in the middle of the season? Didnt anyone jump up and say hey " Is that a good idea?" Was this a shotgun wedding of some kind?
Slept on the Falcons? So we have our LT that game playing with the flu and our LG goes out with a broken arm. Then the Falcons changed up some things that I'm sure confused Brees. We got beat. If you notice the Falcons are playing better right now. Plus that's always a tough game.

I think we get eliminated first due to conference record.
Not sure what tie breaker Seattle wins over Green Bay.

No one gets eliminated to 3rd seed first. Seattle and GB over NO due to conference record, then Seattle over GB due to common opponents record (SEA 4-0, GB 2-2). After that GB and NO are in a 2 way tie for 2nd. No head to head between NO and GB so it reverts back to conference record again. So GB #2.

Got this from perusing the Ram’s board. We can stop watching. A ‘God’ has proclaimed that the Bowl will be Niners Pats.

Attachments

• E836D88E-6451-43DA-AD92-8753872EAC93.png
    E836D88E-6451-43DA-AD92-8753872EAC93.png
    605.6 KB · Views: 36

The above is the procedures used to break ties. In the case of a 3 way tie among division winners you use the Wild Card procedure. As it stands now if a 3 way tie happens with the Saints, Seattle, and Packers the Saints end up as the 3 seed due to a lower conference winning percentage than both Seattle and the Packers.

There's a ridiculous scenario (that I found playing with ESPN's Playoff Machine) where we're the #3 and Seattle is #1 but if GB loses to Detroit, we end up #1 and Seattle ends up #2. In other words, a game that doesn't involve either one of us, flips us in the standings relative to each other.

Green Bay needs to lose because nobody wants to go to crappy lambeau to play. If we are third seed then we go to lambeau I think.

Dude make all the claims you want but I have never heard anyone call Lambeau crappy. That place is phenomenal, next to Tiger stadium the best stadium I have ever been too.

There's a ridiculous scenario (that I found playing with ESPN's Playoff Machine) where we're the #3 and Seattle is #1 but if GB loses to Detroit, we end up #1 and Seattle ends up #2. In other words, a game that doesn't involve either one of us, flips us in the standings relative to each other.
You’re talking if it comes down to the last weekend, with the Saints/Seahawks/Packers all tied up with 12-3 records.

Hopefully, the Packers lose this upcoming weekend at the Vikings.

So technically, SFs loss yo ATL could possibly hurt us. Ugh!

I know there are always more than one reason to dislike the Falcons!
Note really. Saints still need another loss from Green Bay, no matter what, to have the best shot at becoming the 1 seed. Saints simply CANNOT end up in any way tied with the Packers.

Note really. Saints still need another loss from Green Bay, no matter what, to have the best shot at becoming the 1 seed. Saints simply CANNOT end up in any way tied with the Packers.

Yeah, GB really screws things up. They always have the tie breaker on us somehow from here on out. Even if we had the same conference record they still get the tie break... according to ESPN playoff machine.

Dude make all the claims you want but I have never heard anyone call Lambeau crappy. That place is phenomenal, next to Tiger stadium the best stadium I have ever been too.

I agree with this! I went the year that we opened the season with the Packers. Lambeau is beautiful. It does have a college atmosphere. Kinda like the lower bowl of Tiger Stadium. Their fans were awesome also.

Yeah, GB really screws things up. They always have the tie breaker on us somehow from here on out. Even if we had the same conference record they still get the tie break... according to ESPN playoff machine.

Our one hope would apparently be in the Vikings, which is just as nutty as us needing the Falcons to win yesterday. Vikes need to win next Monday night to keep a wild-card berth viable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom