30 days to go! ( well in my time zone anyway ) (1 Viewer)

Ross

Scottish Who Dat!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So yeah, 30 days until I'm in NOLA, I cannot stress how pumped I am about this man. What started out as a 2 week holiday, has completely grown arms and legs and turned into a relocation for the entire football season, and to sit back and take into perspective how this has came to be is pretty crazy.

New Orleans is somewhere I've always wanted to visit regardless of the Saints. And again I need to say I'm over the moon I'm getting the chance to do it and quite honestly without Saintsreport I highly doubt I'd be coming to visit at all, and I can say for sure I wouldn't be coming to stay for the season.

Major props to Optimus for offering me somewhere to stay I can't even describe how gratefull i am for that, or how lucky i am for getting this chance, Thanks dude :9:

And to eveyone else who has given me advice on all the things i need to know about the city, places to eat ( buzd in particular ) places to drink ( cpgrillot obviously haha ) and the best spots for music. You've all given me invaluable advice and i wanna thank you all man seriously you guys are awesome.

Right now that brings me to another matter, as most of you who are familiar with me would be aware my trip was intended for two, Myself and Jamnn25 well unfortunately Jamie wont be able to make it this time around due to some personal unforeseen circumstances that have arisen, It's a private matter so I'll leave it at that.

So what that does mean is that I'm gonna be kickin it in quarter for 2 weeks on my own, which no doubt my wallet and liver will thank me for and I'll no doubt get to experience a bit more of the the actual city and follow up a few leads on potential jobs, rather than spend my time in dark bars and strip clubs every day.

Aside from the Idiot tailgate and also round 3 of the Idiot get together, and fishin with BoatsNBeer I dont actually have anything planned. So if anyone want's to come pound some beers with me or just generally show me around town, hit me up in this thread and we'll get something sorted out It'd be awesome to meet up with alot of you guys. I'm open to all suggestions... well within reason :rolleyes:

I just wanna say also that I've been totally blown away by how hospitable and helpfull ya'll have been to me ... Guess thats southern hospitality at its best. :worthy:

Oh and ... WHO DAT ! :sr1:

So, Ross...... I guess you've been saving for a while for this trip, haven't you? When you arrive in NY, are you gonna be carrying cash or will your card work on this side of the pond? I'd advise cash. Even in NYC, the locals will be so entralled by this dress wearin' 6 footer with the silly accent that nobody'll even notice my brush pass.:scratch:

Ya know? Maybe I will be able to afford that trip to N'awlins, after all.....

Be safe, dude. Not all of us over here are as nice as you've been led to believe.

Got to hand it to Saintsreport....some fantastic people here....+1 to the SR community.

However, I do hope you realise that after two weeks you'll go crazy for authentic Scot's cuisine don't you? In the history of the US only one guy on that side of the pod shared your country's passion for deep fried Mars bars and he died sitting on the toilet :)

So, Ross...... I guess you've been saving for a while for this trip, haven't you? When you arrive in NY, are you gonna be carrying cash or will your card work on this side of the pond? I'd advise cash. Even in NYC, the locals will be so entralled by this dress wearin' 6 footer with the silly accent that nobody'll even notice my brush pass.:scratch:

Ya know? Maybe I will be able to afford that trip to N'awlins, after all.....

Be safe, dude. Not all of us over here are as nice as you've been led to believe.

I'll be on my toes, Us Scots are sceptical people at the best of times :9:

Got to hand it to Saintsreport....some fantastic people here....+1 to the SR community.

However, I do hope you realise that after two weeks you'll go crazy for authentic Scot's cuisine don't you? In the history of the US only one guy on that side of the pod shared your country's passion for deep fried Mars bars and he died sitting on the toilet :)

I've already got my meals worked out for the day before i leave :hihi:

Breakfast

Roll and Lorne Sausage, But i'll have Tomato sauce plenty of fried onions with mine

Square-Lorne-sausage-002.jpg

Lunch

Fish and chips

anstruther-fish-bar.jpg

Dinner

Donner Kebab

doner-kebab.png

:hihi:

We are always there for the first week, so your welcome to come drinking with us.

Oh aye m8 I'll most def grab a few beers with you and your good lady, then I'll dissapear into the night like a sexual renegade.

You're gonna have a great time Ross, sorry to hear Jamie can't go.

Yeah man its sucks, but he'll get over eventually. There's always next year and I'm gonna make visiting NOLA a regular thing :9:

I'm very happy for you, Ross. I can't get to New Orleans enough, and it's only 6 hours away. A lot more planning for you involved. You'll love it. It's magick there.

I'm very happy for you, Ross. I can't get to New Orleans enough, and it's only 6 hours away. A lot more planning for you involved. You'll love it. It's magick there.

I Cant actually stop thinking about it ... :happy0005:

Got a room for the Thursday night opener against Minnesota. Somehow I've got to find you and drink a few cold ones. Your story about all this is really cool. Think you're going to have a great time.

I hope to hear something like this from you Ross...

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RYg5kmH50o8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RYg5kmH50o8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom