Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Part One airs tonight
=====================

You don’t have to forgive Michael Vick for dogfighting, but ESPN wants you to understand the context.

“Vick,” a two-part “30 for 30” documentary set to air Thursday with the second half premiering the following Thursday, takes a deep dive into the factors that surrounded the former NFL quarterback’s midcareer imprisonment, including race, poverty and sudden stardom and wealth. Among the complexities of his saga are the differing ways communities reacted to his arrest and lengthy sentence, and what to make of his football legacy.

Perhaps the biggest question, though, was raised by the documentary’s director, Stanley Nelson, in a phone interview Wednesday with The Post: “How does something that so many of us see as horribly cruel and torturous, how does anybody not see that?”

“And how, to some people, does this seem like something that’s not wrong?” Nelson added. “So we wanted to examine that.”...........

BigSlick

Unit 3000-21 is warming.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm watching part two now. This story makes me like Mike Vick more, and Roger Gooddell less -- and the latter development turns out to be quite a surprise for me. I figured Gooddell's level in my estimation was pretty much zero, and I'll be danged if there weren't a few more points left for me to deduct.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Comparing hunting to dog fighting is a bit of a stretch. I'm not a hunter and I don't believe in killing animals for sport, but it's hard for me to see how hunting is anything like what Vick did.

There's typically less drowning and electrocution in hunting.

kizzy821

#1 BandWagon Fan
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Yet in both cases, the animals are still dead at the hands of humans, for no good reason. What hunters lack in variety, they make up for in volume.

Hey BAY BAY!!!

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Mike Vick was so good it was ridiculous. Vick was the MJ of football. Since Vick entered the league in 2001 Vick vs Saints are 6-6. 2001 to 2006 Vick was extra scary for Falcons...That guy was electric.

Last edited:

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Well, if this post was about the book and not the 30 for 30 show, you'd have a point.
you're correct....but if the purpose of the thread is a more in depth discussion of Vick illicited by the 30 for 30 show I think its all good....

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
CNN writer James A. Gagliano is calling for a presidential pardon for Michael Vick.

ESPN's two-part 30 for 30 documentary entitled "Vick" aired recently. And to tell the complete story of the film's 39-year-old protagonist, every second of its three-hour run time was required. Vick's tale is one of against-long-odds achievement, meteoric ascension to the pinnacle of his profession and losing it all, while falling prey to hubris and his own cripplingly poor decision-making.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom