30 years since Hebert holdout (1 Viewer)

HobBeh

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
What if not? What if they settled their differences? Would the 1990 team have been as good or better than the 1991/1992 teams? Asking for a friend.

Lol... Bobby was not a good QB. I understand the love for the native son, but let's get real here. No one was kicking down the door to have him as their QB in an era of bad QBs.
Yet he was key for setting up free agency. I will admit I drank Fourcade coolade. '92 Saints passing game was underrated though despite the playoff choke.

Lol... Bobby was not a good QB. I understand the love for the native son, but let's get real here. No one was kicking down the door to have him as their QB in an era of bad QBs.
And define "good" please.

He wasn't good but he was better than any other QB we had during the dome patrol era. We'd have been so much better off if we would have never traded for Steve Walsh Walsh baby.

He wasn't good but he was better than any other QB we had during the dome patrol era. We'd have been so much better off if we would have never traded for Steve Walsh Walsh baby.
Yeah well that's kind of my point, and if you re-evaluate "good" in that era you will gain an appreciation.

Best LB corps in the history of the NFL and never sniffed a SB appearance.

Never was a Bobby fan, and am even less of one now.
If due to his Falcon career and broadcasting skills that is fair enough.

And define "good" please.
The opposite of Bobby Hebert. He would have been the 5th best QB in a division with 4 teams in 1992 (Young, Everett, Miller, Wilson, Hebert) only because the 49ers and Rams didn't have squat after their starting QBs. Bobby lost more games for the Saints than he ever won and all he really had to do was "not lose" for the Saints to win.

Then he became a Falcon where he discovered the gift of "not sucking so bad" in time to beat the Saints. That's just Who Dat karma, though..

The opposite of Bobby Hebert. He would have been the 5th best QB in a division with 4 teams in 1992 (Young, Everett, Miller, Wilson, Hebert) only because the 49ers and Rams didn't have squat after their starting QBs. Bobby lost more games for the Saints than he ever won and all he really had to do was "not lose" for the Saints to win.
In 1992, Hebert was second to Young and beat out Miller in Atlanta the following season.

I don't disagree with any of this, but that still doesn't change what I typed or even remove my "lol" at the OPs question about the team's fortunes with Bobby on the field. At no time was Bobby ever a catalyst for victory. At his best, he managed to not **** up enough to let Morton and the defense win the game.

I don't disagree with any of this, but that still doesn't change what I typed or even remove my "lol" at the OPs question about the team's fortunes with Bobby on the field. At no time was Bobby ever a catalyst for victory. At his best, he managed to not **** up enough to let Morton and the defense win the game.
The team had no big time running back or complementary receiver except for a hint of Floyd Turner. By this, I mean the 1991-1992 team with the best defenses.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom