35 runs (1 Viewer)

boo-boo

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Can't believe we ran the ball 35 times week.Actually ran more than pass passed.35 run-34 pass. If we are able to run that much each week and be effective doing it, There will be alot of teams in trouble yr.

We will get a better feeling this week if we have a better running. I for one think we do but only time will tell for sure. If the Running game continues to produce our defense will be more than good enough to lead us far into the playoffs.

can you break that down by quarters, please? i don't recall a rushing touchdown, but was there one?

i would venture to say the majority of those running plays came late in the game when the lions knew they were beat. i hope i'm wrong and running plays were consistent throughout.

cheers to bell and evans! oh yea...and reggie

can you break that down by quarters, please? i don't recall a rushing touchdown, but was there one?

1st quarter: 5 runs, 9 passes
2nd quarter: 10 runs, 14 passes
3rd quarter: 6 runs, 7 passes
4th quarter: 14 runs, 5 passes

Reggie had a rushing TD, but it was called back because of holding, so no official rushing TDs.

That's what happens when you lead by 3 scores in the 4th quater.

It has nothing to do with Payton trying to be balanced.

1st quarter: 5 runs, 9 passes
2nd quarter: 10 runs, 14 passes
3rd quarter: 6 runs, 7 passes
4th quarter: 14 runs, 5 passes

Reggie had a rushing TD, but it was called back because of holding, so no official rushing TDs.

Thats awesome, 4th quarter 14 runs to 5 passes. That tells me we are chewing up the clock running the ball while ahead, it also tells me that we can actually move the ball in order to chew up the clock running the ball, this is different then the last two years, reminds me of Deuce in '06.

Not only that, we are getting first downs on 2nd and 3rd and shorts. I'm hoping we can keep it up, Mike Bell is driving that.

That's what happens when you lead by 3 scores in the 4th quater.

It has nothing to do with Payton trying to be balanced.

We still did our fair share of running before the 4th qtr! 30 pass to 21 rush isn't bad at all! That's 59% - 41%.

If yall want the quarter by quarter breakdown (for both Bell and Bush):

1st Quarter:
5 runs for 18 yards = 3.6 yards per carry
longest run for 7, shortest run for no gain

2nd quarter:
10 runs for 39 yards = 3.9 yards per carry
longest run for 13, shortest run for a loss of a yard

3rd quarter:
6 runs for 31 yards = 5.2 yards per carry
longest run for 22 yards, shortest for a loss of two yards

4th quarter:
14 runs for 69 yards = 4.9 yards per carry
longest run for 15, shortest run for a loss of two yards

Amazingly, despite the Lions knowing the Saints were just running the clock out, Bell and Bush consistently put up pretty good runs. (yes even Reggie got a 10 yard in there) in the 4th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom