360 - rrod (2 Viewers)

A little bit of fail...

and a little bit of truth. :hihi:

Seriously though, Xbox has stopped sending the coffin? Is your Xbox still under warranty?

Yes, the lady told me that they would mail me an address label. She also said not send it back in the original box. Yes, its still under warranty. I bought the extended warranty but that hasn't even kicked in yet.

Yes, the lady told me that they would mail me an address label. She also said not send it back in the original box. Yes, its still under warranty. I bought the extended warranty but that hasn't even kicked in yet.

if they're mailing you a label they're mailing you a box, with a label. that means this whole thread is moot. lol.

I think if you call them rather than do it online you may get a shot at the mailed label and box. I just sent mine via online and just used a box and printed the label.

I think if you call them rather than do it online you may get a shot at the mailed label and box. I just sent mine via online and just used a box and printed the label.

Actually, doing it online has proven to be the fastest and most effective way for me. They have an option for next-day air, and yes, that's in every direction. They sent me a box via. NDA, packaged with a pre-paid next-day air label, then even sent it back via. NDA. The whole process, from the time I filled out the online support thingy, took about a week. Then on top of all of that, and even though that had it for only a week, they sent me a 1 month Xbox LIVE card. :9:

/insertplaystationnetworkiffreecommentbelow :hihi:

props for finding a RROD thread without making your very own special thread!

I've had mine for about 5 years now and have never had this happen. I was thinking of getting a new one with the HDMI port but I'm afraid of getting one that will cause problems. Do the new ones still have the RROD issue?

I just got the RROD for the third time. But this is the first time since XBOX has stopped sending the pre-packed "coffin" box to send it back to them. Do they still pay for shipping? How is the best way to pack it? Do it myself? Let UPS do it?

they pay for shipping, but no, they don't send the box anymore. if you don't have or original box anymore, UPS will gladly sell you a box and packing material for $14.

'<' insert lame 360 comment #12,658 by antipop here '>'

I've had mine for about 5 years now and have never had this happen. I was thinking of getting a new one with the HDMI port but I'm afraid of getting one that will cause problems. Do the new ones still have the RROD issue?

You will undoubtedly get RROD in the next week. Congratulations, you jinxed yourself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom