37" Lcd Hdtv (1 Viewer)

ArmyDave

Iraq Freedom Vet X2
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm thinking about taking the jump into HD with this LCD from Wal-mart. I know nothing about HD TV. Do any of you experts see anything wrong with this TV?

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5027236#Specifications

Give yourself high-definition viewing with the Emerson 37" LCD HDTV. It delivers photo-quality imagery for the very best in home entertainment. Better yet, the built-in digital ATSC (HD) tuner provides access to digital programming without the need for a separate set-top box.

Key Features & Benefits:
# 37" widescreen LCD
Enjoy movies and programs like never before on this large, bright display; widescreen (16:9) format for a true cinematic experience
# Built in ATSC tuner
Get high definition (HD) without the need for a separate set-top box thanks to the convenient built in digital ATSC tuner
# 1366 x 768 resolution
High resolution ensures the picture is always crisp and edges don't look jagged or "stepped"
# HDMI
High Def Multi-Media Interface; HDMI provides an easy single-cable connection between a digital audio/video source such as a DVD player and a compatible monitor, including HD TVs

Viewing angles would be a downside also.

AVSForum has a thread for that LCD, haven't seen one myself. Going by the specs the contrast ratio might be less than Syntax sets at similar prices, would need to do a side by side to be sure though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom