38-3 has joined the River City Relay (1 Viewer)

black_floyd

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Spectacular achievements undone by future events. The relay was ruined by John Carney's missed extra point and 38-3 can't mean a damn thing if they came into our house, played a completely flat game, and knocked us out cuz we couldn't get out of our own way and served them the game on a silver platter.

Calm down!

There are two type of teams:

Bad teams, losing more than they win and not reaching the playoffs.

Good teams, winning more than they lose and have an overall fun season for fans plus reaching the playoffs.

All of the good teams but one will end its season with an L!

Just think about that. From all remaining 4 teams there will 3 more teams end their season with a defeat! And it may hurt way more than ours!

I enjoyed our season! We had some spectacular games

This whole season feels like an * season to me. A ton of poor quality games, even in the playoffs. I think BAMA deserves the CFP without an asterisk. Not feeling that way about the NFL this year, though. At least not yet.

Calm down!

There are two type of teams:

Bad teams, losing more than they win and not reaching the playoffs.

Good teams, winning more than they lose and have an overall fun season for fans plus reaching the playoffs.

All of the good teams but one will end its season with an L!

Just think about that. From all remaining 4 teams there will 3 more teams end their season with a defeat! And it may hurt way more than ours!

I enjoyed our season! We had some spectacular games
The problem is, and this is our own undoing, we've been 'Super Bowl or bust' the last three years.

So this type of post works after the Minnesota Miracle season when we came outta nowhere to finally be happy with being a playoff team again. It doesn't work when you're in year 4 of an all-in era and are repeatedly putting all your chips on the table to try and cash out.

I'm glad you enjoyed the season, and I will never forgive the NFL for robbing us in 2018, but this whole era will have a bit of a dark cloud over it because we never could win the big game, much less simply get to it. There's a reason NFL Films has a mini documentary on us called the "So Called Saints". While many teams won't come close to our run the last four years, we are the only team with this "honor":

Of course many on this board complain about him, whines, complains, etc. but Tom Brady will go down as the greatest ever. When it mattered he kept converting on numerous third downs. Stings to lose but Brady’s post season success is unrivaled.

The problem is, and this is our own undoing, we've been 'Super Bowl or bust' the last three years.

So this type of post works after the Minnesota Miracle season when we came outta nowhere to finally be happy with being a playoff team again. It doesn't work when you're in year 4 of an all-in era and are repeatedly putting all your chips on the table to try and cash out.

I'm glad you enjoyed the season, and I will never forgive the NFL for robbing us in 2018, but this whole era will have a bit of a dark cloud over it because we never could win the big game, much less simply get to it. There's a reason NFL Films has a mini documentary on us called the "So Called Saints". While many teams won't come close to our run the last four years, we are the only team with this "honor":

Yeah that just sucks. We still maintain so many dubious honors over time. Ugh.

Just my opinion but the 38-3 game and last night's game is just a microcosm of what the difference between the Saints and a Tom Brady led team is. The Saints are a team that is fun as a fan to watch in the regular season. Will get 11-13 wins but when it counts the most they flame out in the playoffs with the exception of one year. There's nothing wrong with that. I would have liked to have seen more than one Lombardi but they gave me a lot of good Sundays over the years. Brady and his teams really don't care what happens in the regular season. They win enough to get in and at that point its all about winning titles and winning when it counts. Sure we beat them twice, actually dominated them twice, and we were the NFCS division champs but they are the ones playing for the NFC championship because what happens in the regular season doesn't matter to them and that took it to is when it mattered.

Better remember the 2006-2020 run with fondness and not dwell on the what could have been. If you want misery look at 1967 through 2006. You were alive during the most prolific and winningest Saints football in history.
Its rare air we've been in. Lets hope Payton still has some magic left in that playbook for a couple more runs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom