39 missing children recovered in Atlanta/Macon, GA area by US Marshals (1 Viewer)

tenordas

Vesti le procè flamber
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Houston via New Jersey, New Orleans, Baton Rouge,

“When we track down fugitives, it’s a good feeling to know that we're putting the bad guy behind bars. But that sense of accomplishment is nothing compared to finding a missing child," said Darby Kirby, Chief of the U.S. Marshals Missing Child Unit. “It's hard to put into words what we feel when we rescue a missing child, but I can tell you that this operation has impacted every single one of us out here. We are working to protect them and get them the help they need.”

Sex trafficking being one of the charges listed, I hope the 9 people they arrested are put away for life.

What about the people paying? The ones who lead perfectly normal lives on the surface, have the funds and are the ones creating the demand? They will find other children. And we will continue to look away if those children don't look like us. We'll blame their parents while removing what's left of social safety nets. And we won't believe people who look like us could do such things...

I think these trafficking charges carry relatively minor sentences. Maybe Det Brees can give us some clarity.

If you have read Grisham's "Rogue Lawyer," this is life imitating art. :eek:

It seems to me that kidnapping charges could be brought plus maybe false imprisonment. I hope some of the actual experts on the board will chime in.

probably get less time than sometime selling druga.. meanwhile in Louisiana, a guy is serving life for stealing hedge Clippers..

This is an epidemic in this country right now and unlike drugs, it's not a victimless crime. It's time for the legal system to take the gloves off on this. First offense you should never see the light of day again, I don't care if you're the buyer or the seller. Can any human being who would engage in this kind of behavior really be redeemable?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom