3rd and Final (Thank you Lord!) Presidential Debate (1 Viewer)

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
SNL might be the only ones really excited for what is likely to be a stupid spectacle at this point.

Debate guests: Trump takes Obama's half-brother, Clinton picks Cuban - CNNPolitics.com

Have we ever had such a circus around Debater guests?

(CNN) — Donald Trump is bringing President Barack Obama's Kenyan-born half-brother, Malik, to Wednesday's third and final presidential debate, a campaign aide confirmed to CNN.

Hillary Clinton will be joined at Wednesday's debate by two well-known billionaires who are backing her campaign, in what may be an attempt to rattle Republican nominee by subtly questioning his own net worth.

Meg Whitman, the Hewlett-Packard CEO and former Republican California gubernatorial candidate, and Mark Cuban, the outspoken billionaire owner of the Dallas Mavericks, will both be Clinton's guests at Wednesday's third and final presidential debate.

Meanwhile, Trump is countering with Obama's half-brother and a ghost from Clinton's past: Patricia Smith, the mother of Benghazi victim Sean Smith, who has accused the former secretary of state of "murdering" her son.

The New York Post first reported Trump's invitation to Obama's half-brother. The Post also reported that Malik Obama called now-deceased Libyan dictator Moammar Gadhafi one of his best friends -- a potential source of awkwardness for Smith.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The thing that annoys me about this, is that I still have little to no hope for much substance, especially from Trump. This will be last minute theatrics and a likely desperate attempt to rattle Clinton.

Debates shouldn't be spectacles. They should be, you know, actual debates.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The thing that annoys me about this, is that I still have little to no hope for much substance, especially from Trump. This will be last minute theatrics and a likely desperate attempt to rattle Clinton.

Modern Republicans don't care about anything except the show.

They think politics is the WWE.

Sabine

Thicketeer - Bottomite
Reaction score
LOL, I'm hearing over and over how people want to the candidates to stick to the issues. I think Clinton has been for the most part doing that, as difficult as it is in Trump's presence. But the moderators/town hall participants have to do their parts as well.

It seems so long ago now, but in the primaries and her previous campaign Clinton was being criticized for talking in depth about issues, detailing her positions, using too many words and being boring.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Modern Republicans don't care about anything except the show.

They think politics is the WWE.
I'm not sure I'd give that squarely to them. I think both parties have a fringe, casual, lazy, intellectually challenged demographic.

TV news responds to viewer behavior, and sadly that behavior is pure entertainment for the most part.

I've gotten to the point, when I see a TV local news post an item on Facebook and slant the heck out of it (I hate misleading titles), I'll often blast them for it. I really do thin, like Jon Stewart told Cross Fire years ago, they are "Hurting America".

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
LOL, I'm hearing over and how people want to the candidates to stick to the issues. I think Clinton has been for the most part doing that, as difficult as it is in Trump's presence. But the moderators/town hall participants have to do their parts as well.

It seems so long ago now, but in the primaries and her previous campaign Clinton was being criticized for talking in depth about issues, detailing her positions, using too many words and being boring.
I agree with that assessment. She tries to stick to the issues and educate. The question is this.. are there enough people who will actually listen to that?

efil4stnias

one lonely Beastie i be...
Reaction score
I agree with that assessment. She tries to stick to the issues and educate. The question is this.. are there enough people who will actually listen to that?
no.

Trump supporters desire the interruptions, the name calling, the "anti" presidential show. Thats what generates the cat-calls and YEEEEEEEAHs from the audience.

I said in second debate...Trump was asked a question on Health care and he gave a two sentence answer to the questioner...then immediately went after Clinton on putting her own money into her campaign like he has. it was insane.

The vast majority of the voting public see this...the Trumpettes love that. Thats why they watch.

All they want for him to say is "You're fired".

Thats it.

mb504

Word.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm skipping this one to watch Dodgers/Cubs. I don't think my liver can handle the amount of drinking that would be required to watch another chapter of this **** show.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
I already know who I'm voting for. I want the spectacle. I want to see the giant orange supernova.

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
I already know who I'm voting for. I want the spectacle. I want to see the giant orange supernova.
I think you are going to get it.

I think Trump is clearly thinking about how much money he can make from this thing after the election is over as opposed to actually competing in the election and/or helping down ballot Republicans.
Especially with that report on here showing how his business has been hurt by this election.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think you are going to get it.

I think Trump is clearly thinking about how much money he can make from this thing after the election is over as opposed to actually competing in the election and/or helping down ballot Republicans.
Especially with that report on here showing how his business has been hurt by this election.
It makes me think of Allen West. Has he made money since he lost his election? He's sticking to the alt-right conspiracy's. I haven't followed him enough to know if he's monetized it.

The latest one is that video we've discussed in here alleging voter fraud. I told my friend, without even really digging into it, if he were concerned about fraud, he'd report it vs share it on Facebook.

OP
Saint_Ward

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I'd only want that, in the idea that it dissuades future people from trying to be like Trump.

I really hate the idea of spectacle.

That being said, your comment did make me laugh, so :plus-un2:

Grandadmiral

Infinite Power is da ****
Reaction score

You might have to go back to Lincoln/Douglas for that...

JK, but you get my point.

JimEverett

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
It makes me think of Allen West. Has he made money since he lost his election? He's sticking to the alt-right conspiracy's. I haven't followed him enough to know if he's monetized it.

The latest one is that video we've discussed in here alleging voter fraud. I told my friend, without even really digging into it, if he were concerned about fraud, he'd report it vs share it on Facebook.
That is right. And tonight I suspect we will hear more of "lock her up" and "its a rigged election/system" (without any detail that might give some degree of seriousness to the charge.
Be a hero to the 20% or 30% of the electorate who want bombs thrown and you are well on your way to making a small gold mine during the Clinton Administration.

billinms

Tiptoeing Through the Tulips
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
I'm just ready for it to be over. As much as I dislike Hillary, a Trump presidency honestly scares me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom