3rd Candidate to interview for DC (pending permission from team) Merged (1 Viewer)

My buddy is a 49ers fan and he tells me that it was probably denied cause a Donatell could be the new DC if Fangio takes a HC elsewhere next season

Now THAT makes some sense. If this is true, I am less critical of the situation.

Red Herring

Reggie Herring?:scratch:

Herring_Reggie.jpg

@SethEmerson: UGA A.D. Greg McGarity has confirmed that Todd Grantham is interviewing with the New Orleans Saints today. Grantham notified him Wed. night.

Please God, anyone other than Reggie "blitz" Herring. I'm a huge Clemson fan and he was our DC back in the early 2000's. He was awful.....Just awful

Granted, his pass defenses at Clemson might not have always been the best, but his run defense and scoring defensive rankings were impressive.

In his eight years at Clemson, the defense ranked in the top 20 in the nation in rushing defense five times, including a number-18 ranking in 2000. Four times in his career the Tigers finished the season in the top 25 in scoring defense, including a high of #10 in the nation in 1995.

The Tigers ranked in the top 20 in the nation in pass defense twice, including a number-17 ranking in 1999. Clemson was also in the top 25 of the final national total defense ranking twice during his tenure.

Herring coached two of Clemson's greatest linebackers in history in Anthony Simmons (1995-97) and Keith Adams (1998-00). Under Herring's direction, Simmons became Clemson's second three-time All-American in history and was a first-round draft pick of the Seattle Seahawks. He set a Clemson record for tackles in 1996 with 178.
Scout.com: Reggie Herring Leaves Clemson

But he also turned the 89th ranked N.C. State defense into the top defense in the nation within the span of one year.
Although Herring only held the Texans position for two years, he coached the 2003 league-leader in tackles, Jamie Sharper. In 2004, Herring left the NFL to become defensive coordinator and linebackers coach at North Carolina State University. His first year at North Carolina State, the Wolfpack defense led the nation in total defense after ranking 89th in that category the year prior.
Reggie Herring - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To add to that, Wade Phillips loves the guy and has brought him to Dallas and now Houston and he is considered his top assistant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom