3rd down and 10 deep pass to Meachem on final drive (1 Viewer)

I've said it before and that pass makes me say it again.

I would trust Brees to throw my baby daughter to me on a 15-yard post route

What did Drew say about it?

In that situtation I guess it was 4 down territory....so if it doesn't work they come back and get the first down.

Listening to Brees after the game, it's like they were keeping that play in their hip pocket just waiting for the right time. Can't win by playing scared.

People need to understand how rare this is to have a coach and QB with cojones to go for the home run when we need a home run.

The play calls, the matchups, and the formations on the winning drive were championship'esque.

In contrast, look at Dallas, who had plenty of time and momentum on their final drive to take a shot at the end zone, but wilted and ended up with only a moonshot field goal attempt.

I think that our coaches are teasing the rest of the league. Yeah, we lost our edge for a bit, and got to a dogfight at the end. But, just like the commentators mentioned, we could be just average and then hit you with a big one (paraphrasing).

The play to Meach was in my mind a scripted play. We are at 3rd and 10 and the defense is sitting on a 10-11 yard route. We give em a pump fake thinking that our main intent is to get the 1st to keep the ball moving, but hit em with the bomb. Meach had to slow down a bit to catch that ball. It could have gone to the house.

I cursed when Drew first released the ball. Why in the hell were we going deep on a must make third down play? Just get the freakin first down to keep the drive alive.

Then I saw Meachem with a several step lead and the ball arching beautifully towards him.

What a gutsy/confident play call. I liked it. My heart hated it. Guess that is why I am not an NFL coach.

lol, yep. I was in the middle of texting my brother "Why are we trying to hit a home run on every play?" when they completed that pass.

I'll admit it: I winced a little at the release.

But watching the ball float and the play unwind... I can only describe as EXHILARATING! I'm hard-pressed to remember the last regular season play as exciting as that.

when drew looks deep i know someone is open most of the time and i get excited for a big play...it was no different this time

I had the feeling as soon as he threw it that it was gonna be a completion(I'm not sure what told me that, but it's kind of like when you shoot a basketball and you know it's going in the second you release it.). When I saw Meachem had a step on the db, I knew it would be a completion. I'm surprised he didn't score, but it was good as it allowed the Saints to get the clock down lower.

I cursed when Drew first released the ball. Why in the hell were we going deep on a must make third down play? Just get the freakin first down to keep the drive alive.

Then I saw Meachem with a several step lead and the ball arching beautifully towards him.

What a gutsy/confident play call. I liked it. My heart hated it. Guess that is why I am not an NFL coach.

When I see Brees pull the trigger that fast I usually expect our receiver to have the edge on the DB.

Meach was wide open with 1-2 steps on Newman and the first thing I said was "TOUCHDOWN!" but he got tackled.

We ended up scoring a TD anyway :hihi:

So my TD scream was a tad premature :smilielol:

On that last drive, 3rd down is not your " be all end all" down. It would've been 4 down territory all the way down the field, so yes - excellent call.

Meach was wide open with 1-2 steps on Newman and the first thing I said was "TOUCHDOWN!" but he got tackled.

We ended up scoring a TD anyway :hihi:

So my TD scream was a tad premature :smilielol:

But, you got to see LM dance.:a_smil09:

it was a great call. no one was expecting it. only call would have been more of a suprise wold have be a quarterback sneak. hummm....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom