3rd down and 10 deep pass to Meachem on final drive (1 Viewer)

BHM

Can't please 'em all
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I cursed when Drew first released the ball. Why in the hell were we going deep on a must make third down play? Just get the freakin first down to keep the drive alive.

Then I saw Meachem with a several step lead and the ball arching beautifully towards him.

What a gutsy/confident play call. I liked it. My heart hated it. Guess that is why I am not an NFL coach.

Just too risky of a play call for me to make which is why I am glad I am not the coach. :9:

I cursed when Drew first released the ball. Why in the hell were we going deep on a must make third down play? Just get the freakin first down to keep the drive alive.

Then I saw Meachem with a several step lead and the ball arching beautifully towards him.

What a gutsy/confident play call. I liked it. My heart hated it. Guess that is why I am not an NFL coach.

I hope you washed your mouth out with soap afterwards.

Just too risky of a play call for me to make which is why I am glad I am not the coach. :9:

Brees explained that pass in the post game show. After hearing his reasoning I admit it was an excellent call.

This is why you appreciate having an elite quarterback, because they make the throws when it counts. This is the luxury of having an elite quarterback in the NFL, when others are "managing" the game and trying to not lose the game on a single play, Brees is out there trusting his arm and teammates, making plays when it matters most. Throws like that truly make you appreciate how special of a player he is.

I'm glad he's on our side.

As long as Drew is protected, trust in Drew.

Given the time, he will make the right decison and see the whole field 95% of the time.

The only time Drew has issues is under serious pressure.

Oh, I was not cursing Brees, I am just so conservative that calls like that scare me. Receiver drops it, or falls or is covered or Drew gets sacked. It just scared me, Sorry Drew for not having full confidence. Your powers still surprise me. :mwink:

As long as Drew is protected, trust in Drew.

Given the time, he will make the right decison and see the whole field 95% of the time.

The only time Drew has issues is under serious pressure.

:plus-un2:

The last two seasons, Drew had the numbers he had mainly because of the solid work of the OLine. Now that they're the defending champions, they're more scrutinized than ever by other teams.

Might be off topic but I also think that we have to chill out with the flea flicker. Teams are not fooled by it anymore and we use it a bit too often to my taste. Drew Had to throw it in triple coverage and we were lucky it wasn't intercepted.

Hey , my man Meachem, made a good play, he's been a little silent lately, glad he made the statement today,"Don't forget about me!" He's gonna be a special WR for us, just give him more chances!

I didn't.

But I did one worse. When Roy Williams busted the long play on third and 6 I was ****** Jenkins and Porter tried to make the tackle inside the 10. I was thinking if they get the ball first and goal with 2 minutes left they could run the clock down to nothing and it would be better at that point to just let them score instead of watching them run the victory formation. Yeah, we'd be down two possessions but at least we would have a fighting chance.

Oops.

Think about how hard a 55 yard pass is to complete, let alone on third and ten. That was one of the most epic plays I have ever seen. Jenkins provided the lift, and Brees took it to the next level. Just amazing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom