3rd down and 10 deep pass to Meachem on final drive (1 Viewer)

I LIKED the call (of course, it helps that it worked).

I didn't hear Brees's explanation, but it seems to me like they were in two-down territory. It wasn't their last shot. Given that, they thought they might catch Dallas w/ the long ball when they maybe werenn't expecting it so much.

I didn't hear Brees's explanation, but it seems to me like they were in two-down territory. It wasn't their last shot. Given that, they thought they might catch Dallas w/ the long ball when they maybe werenn't expecting it so much.

I agree. We knew we had two plays.

Brees said the corner was defending the first down yardage and Meachem just flew right by him. If you watch the play, it looks like Brees gives a little half pump to get the DB to squat a little bit too. That was a big time drive.

I think they did the same thing on the game winning TD. I was fully expecting (as I'm sure Dallas was) them to run the ball and kill some clock. I'm sure that's why that play worked so well. I think Dallas was expecting the run, too. TD Moore!

I was also thinking that he shouldn't have risked that bomb on a must have 3rd down and 10, especially since Brees' bombs haven't been great this year. Meachem was so open that perhaps it wasn't that risky, but Brees has missed a lot of those passes this year. I also thought that it would've been better to take it slower to run more clock, rather than going for the big play. I'm just thrilled that it worked.

I love it when Brees throws the long bomb in almost any situation. I just assume he's throwing to an open receiver and it will be a TD. Sometimes it's not but when he puts it up there I always think it will be complete. It's a strange feeling to have seeing as how I grew up dreading when a Saints QB would drop back to pass.

I love it when Brees throws the long bomb in almost any situation. I just assume he's throwing to an open receiver and it will be a TD. Sometimes it's not but when he puts it up there I always think it will be complete. It's a strange feeling to have seeing as how I grew up dreading when a Saints QB would drop back to pass.

amen. i dont have the dread that i used to have. i get the butterflies expecting a big play.

man 'o man.. end of that game was freaking rough to watch. Great come from behind drive by Brees and co. Brees to Meachya !!

:gosaints:

You are too young to remember Manning to Chandler -- the only other time I had anywhere near as good a feeling about the bomb as a Saints fan (though sometimes Blake/Brooks to Joe Horn came close).

Listening to Brees after the game, it's like they were keeping that play in their hip pocket just waiting for the right time. Can't win by playing scared.

That was it. And, where was the Dallas safety on that play? Newman had no help. It was almost unfair.

ALMOST!

Great finish. The whole family was watching after Thanksgving dinner. Dad walked out in disgust, I think when Saints went 3 and out on their second to last drive. Before he Jenkins strip. He came sneaking back in once we went up 30-27.

He has been watching the Saints for 40+ years so we cut him some slack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom