4-0 and we really haven't beaten ANYONE! (1 Viewer)

You really dont understand the parity in the NFL, we were last in our division last year and Im sure many teams that lost felt they lost to a poor team. but year to year , game to game that changes, I know enough football to know we can when a superbowl with this team, if the cards fall right.

I can't speak for all Saints fans or even the OP, but I think that a lot of us are scared of success. We see the team winning and it can't be real: we're going to wake up and Bobby is going to be stepping out of the shower telling Pam it was just a dream. Heck, I'm as big a fan as anyone, but even I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Losing is no fun, but it's so much more familiar!

I can't speak for all Saints fans or even the OP, but I think that a lot of us are scared of success. We see the team winning and it can't be real: we're going to wake up and Bobby is going to be stepping out of the shower telling Pam it was just a dream. Heck, I'm as big a fan as anyone, but even I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Losing is no fun, but it's so much more familiar!

Wow.

For the record, the first shoe hasn't dropped because we're highflying. :mwink:
I love success, and welcome it with open arms. 23 year Saints fan, and this is one of the best seasons of my life.

If you want to post that we have had some fortuitous breaks in facing teams at the right time (Philly w/out McNabb, Jets w/out Sheppard & Strickland)--OK.

If you want to post that the toughest part of our schedule is ahead of us--OK.

But there are also some relevant points to hold up against those raised in your favor.

Consider:

--We played our last two games without Mike Bell, our leading rusher and we moved up in the NFL team rushing stats.

--We played this game and much of last game without our backup-become-starter at Left Tackle Jermon Bushrod. No sacks of Brees vs. Jets by the way.

--We played the then #1 NFL Defense in week 2 and put on an offensive showcase. They're still #4 right now.

--We played the #3 NFL Defense overall this week and our defense gave them a tutorial on how it's done.

--Half of our small schedule thus far has been against winning teams.

--We have beaten one divisional leader (Jets).

--We have not had our field goal kicker on the team for one game yet this year, which has put us at a disadvantage on numerous "go for it" 4th down situations (this is a serious weakness).

What I think you really want to say Dr. Daddyeaux, is that you have seen the emotional letdown that comes from that special kind of runaway enthusiasm that is born of unexpected success. That is something I have been pondering myself, because I remember other years when we were flying high and then suddenly there is gnashing of teeth.

We should be careful of becoming too full of ourselves. That is worth saying.

Last edited:
But WE haven't lost to ANYBODY!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

The Giants have beaten Tampa Bay, the Redskins, the Chiefs, and the Cowboys. 3 horrible teams and one average team.

The Colts have beaten the Seahawks, the Cardinals, the Dolphins, and the Jags. 2 horrible teams and 2 average teams (if you can even call the Cardinals average).

The Broncos have beaten the Browns, the Bengals (on a fluke play), the Raiders, and the Cowboys. 2 horrible teams and 2 average teams (well perhaps the Bengals are good but going to the wire with Cleveland didn't do much for me).

We've beaten the Lions, the Eagles, the Bills, and the Jets. 2 really good teams and 2 bad teams.

So yeah, I'd say we've earned our due at this point compared to any other 4-0 team.

Wow.

For the record, the first shoe hasn't dropped because we're highflying. :mwink:
I love success, and welcome it with open arms. 23 year Saints fan, and this is one of the best seasons of my life.

Exactly. I'm not waiting for this team to come down. They are just a really good team with great coaching and execution in all three phases of the game with playmakers on both sides of the ball. They have taken teams best shots, haven't trailed all year and basically blew out every team they have played. There is no other shoe waiting to drop.

The Giants have beaten Tampa Bay, the Redskins, the Chiefs, and the Cowboys. 3 horrible teams and one average team.

The Colts have beaten the Seahawks, the Cardinals, the Dolphins, and the Jags. 2 horrible teams and 2 average teams (if you can even call the Cardinals average).

The Broncos have beaten the Browns, the Bengals (on a fluke play), the Raiders, and the Cowboys. 2 horrible teams and 2 average teams (well perhaps the Bengals are good but going to the wire with Cleveland didn't do much for me).

We've beaten the Lions, the Eagles, the Bills, and the Jets. 2 really good teams and 2 bad teams.

So yeah, I'd say we've earned our due at this point compared to any other 4-0 team.

Yep, THIS!!!

Here we go again. Why are Saints fans the ONLY ones who beat themselves up when they win, for God's sakes????? We finally have a team that we can crow about, a team we can thump our chests about. We cautioned against celebrating after Detroit, we cautioned after beating Philly, and we cautioned after beating Buffalo. Now we go into this Jets game with the attitude that this was going to be our test. We pass it convincingly. Now we're still saying that we haven't played anyone. Give me a freakin break! My God. Let's start feeling good about this team. We have all the parts now. We are finaloly a Super Bowl contender! Be happy.

:9::ezbill:

We beat one team that is 2-1 and another that is 3-1. I guess if we beat the Giants it will still be a matter of just beating bad teams. Get real.

I hear you about the competition, but to belittle the 4 straight wins does nothing for me. The guys are playing their hearts out and deserve praise. Bless You Boys!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom