4 INT's....Where did this come from? (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Wow! What a defensive performance! I was not looking for this one. It came totally out of the blue. No Lattimore? No problem, right? Not exactly, because we gave up 300 yards passing to Winston. Still, it was impressive - at least, early on.

The Defense was getting pressure, early and often. Of course, I'm still concerned with Davenport. He is still a Day late, and a dollar short on his pass rushes. Almost, but not quite. That's bothersome.

Glad to see our run defense showed up yesterday. They were totally dominate against their running game. That opened up Cam Jordan getting to Jamies Winston.

Now, the question that must be asked. Where did the 4 INT"s come from? This is not something we've seen from our defense all season. Fumbles, yes. INT's, no. I was thrilled. And, you gotta give it up to Von Bell. He finally got off the snied by getting his first NFL INT. Way to go!

Offensively, I was glad to see us finally get back to running the ball. We needed that. This offense is not designed to pass the ball 48 times in a game and be able to win every game that way any longer. We are a 50/50 offense now. That's what will make us successful.

Finally, Drew Brees needs another receiver. That has become painfully obvious. Tre'Quan Smith is NOT developing. I'm sorry, but he's just not. The guy is just a player that ties up someone - and not a great DB at that - so Thomas or Cook can get open and do what they do. Ginn is ok, and can give you an occasional catch, but he's not what he was 2 years ago.

In conclusion, I was thrilled that we showed up yesterday and swept the Buc's. Geaux Saints.

Defensive front was in his face all game long. They deserve a ton of the credit.

You could also argue three of the picks weren’t even Winston’s fault. Bobbled balls, desperation throw on 4th, etc.

Regardless, credit to the back 7 for capitalizing.

It was a great performance but it also helps when you have Winston throwing the ball for the other side.

I actually felt bad for him at the end when we were just teeing off on him at will.
Remember that time he popped Lattimore in the head on the sideline?
Yeah, I don't feel bad for him.

Dear Tampa Bay,

Please don't get rid of Jameis Winston, EVER.

Signed,
All future Buccaneers opponents
I think Arians dislikes Winston. I think Arians is going to bring in someone else next season.

At this particular instant, Alvin Kamara and Jared Cook are the "WR2a" and "WR2b" for the purposes of the passing game. Not altogether a bad thing if both have shaken their injuries.
Yea, but that ain't good. You need a true #2 receiver, and a slot receiver to actually go along with a great RB/TE option. You actually need someone who can help to spread the field. Take pressure off of others. Right now, we have Mike Thomas, and only Mike Thomas. I really thought Smith would begin to develope, but that ain't happening. We need help.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom