4 INT's....Where did this come from? (1 Viewer)

Yea, but that ain't good. You need a true #2 receiver, and a slot receiver to actually go along with a great RB/TE option. You actually need someone who can help to spread the field. Take pressure off of others. Right now, we have Mike Thomas, and only Mike Thomas. I really thought Smith would begin to develope, but that ain't happening. We need help.

Agreed in principle, but not so much in practice. It's too late and Loomis obviously didn't feel good about the available crop of people out there. My hope is that the two lines keep as healthy as possible and that we go into the playoffs with, yes, the same X-and-O situation on offense, but healthier!

Agreed in principle, but not so much in practice. It's too late and Loomis obviously didn't feel good about the available crop of people out there. My hope is that the two lines keep as healthy as possible and that we go into the playoffs with, yes, the same X-and-O situation on offense, but healthier!
Kirkwood coming back will help. But, we still have the option of Dez Bryant. And - um hmm - Antonio Brown.

Wow! What a defensive performance! I was not looking for this one. It came totally out of the blue. No Lattimore? No problem, right? Not exactly, because we gave up 300 yards passing to Winston. Still, it was impressive - at least, early on.

The Defense was getting pressure, early and often. Of course, I'm still concerned with Davenport. He is still a Day late, and a dollar short on his pass rushes. Almost, but not quite. That's bothersome.

Glad to see our run defense showed up yesterday. They were totally dominate against their running game. That opened up Cam Jordan getting to Jamies Winston.

Now, the question that must be asked. Where did the 4 INT"s come from? This is not something we've seen from our defense all season. Fumbles, yes. INT's, no. I was thrilled. And, you gotta give it up to Von Bell. He finally got off the snied by getting his first NFL INT. Way to go!

Offensively, I was glad to see us finally get back to running the ball. We needed that. This offense is not designed to pass the ball 48 times in a game and be able to win every game that way any longer. We are a 50/50 offense now. That's what will make us successful.

Finally, Drew Brees needs another receiver. That has become painfully obvious. Tre'Quan Smith is NOT developing. I'm sorry, but he's just not. The guy is just a player that ties up someone - and not a great DB at that - so Thomas or Cook can get open and do what they do. Ginn is ok, and can give you an occasional catch, but he's not what he was 2 years ago.

In conclusion, I was thrilled that we showed up yesterday and swept the Buc's. Geaux Saints.

I'm with you brother. I see a lot of comments about Winston and his poor play, but we have played him before and we have played much worse QBs and had nowhere near the positive results. I hope this is a sign of things to come because getting turnovers will sure help offset all of the penalties and bad officiating we have to deal with!!

Wow! What a defensive performance! I was not looking for this one. It came totally out of the blue. No Lattimore? No problem, right? Not exactly, because we gave up 300 yards passing to Winston. Still, it was impressive - at least, early on.

The Defense was getting pressure, early and often. Of course, I'm still concerned with Davenport. He is still a Day late, and a dollar short on his pass rushes. Almost, but not quite. That's bothersome.

Glad to see our run defense showed up yesterday. They were totally dominate against their running game. That opened up Cam Jordan getting to Jamies Winston.

Now, the question that must be asked. Where did the 4 INT"s come from? This is not something we've seen from our defense all season. Fumbles, yes. INT's, no. I was thrilled. And, you gotta give it up to Von Bell. He finally got off the snied by getting his first NFL INT. Way to go!

Offensively, I was glad to see us finally get back to running the ball. We needed that. This offense is not designed to pass the ball 48 times in a game and be able to win every game that way any longer. We are a 50/50 offense now. That's what will make us successful.

Finally, Drew Brees needs another receiver. That has become painfully obvious. Tre'Quan Smith is NOT developing. I'm sorry, but he's just not. The guy is just a player that ties up someone - and not a great DB at that - so Thomas or Cook can get open and do what they do. Ginn is ok, and can give you an occasional catch, but he's not what he was 2 years ago.

In conclusion, I was thrilled that we showed up yesterday and swept the Buc's. Geaux Saints.

It came from Jameis Winston.

They came from the finest Bakery in all the land . . .

maxresdefault.jpg

0018000860700_CF_version_type_large.jpeg

No Lattimore? No problem, right? Not exactly, because we gave up 300 yards passing to Winston. Still, it was impressive - at least, early on.

CONTEXT. CONTEXT. CONTEXT.
We made them one demential before the end of the first half. They had to pass to stay in the game. Winston had 51 attempts. I say again 51. he completed 58% . 300 yards on 50 passes is not a bad thing.

I feel like Marcus Williams is really shining this year. Two in the last two weeks. Four for the season. I hope he can get more.

Great minds Joshwa! :9: I was actually gonna do a thread on Marcus. He’s putting together a really good year. His 4 INTs already tie for his season’s best from his rookie year.

Lotsa reasons for his success. Not only is this a good, talented DB group, the core: Williams, Lat, PJ n Bell, are in their their 3rd year playin together. And Eli Apple played with Bell n Lat at OSU. So they’re very comfortable with each other.

I hated Williams playing so much as a single high safety. I thought it was making for too much ground for one guy to cover. But DA finally changed things up, often adding Bell ( who has been ballin!) on the backend, so now there’s less area to cover.

Although experienced, this DB group is still YOUNG, and Marcus jus turned 23 back in September! The sky is the limit for how good he, and they, can be!

Davenport is a beast bro hes just slightly too late. 3 step drop hes there just as the QB releases the ball. Watch him move vs the plays he finishes and you'll see hes got top tier ability and let's remember hes been a DE for 5 years he used to be a wide out so lets get him coached up and see what becomes

CONTEXT. CONTEXT. CONTEXT.
We made them one demential before the end of the first half. They had to pass to stay in the game. Winston had 51 attempts. I say again 51. he completed 58% . 300 yards on 50 passes is not a bad thing.
Damn! We made them “demential”? How hard were we hitting them?!?!? ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom