4 More wins will guarantee playoffs (1 Viewer)

Thats quite interesting...great find! I dont really feel like checking out how they came up with those numbers, but I do know they are at least detailed enough for me to not want to waste too much time checking:)

7 more wins absolutely guarantee the playoffs, let's shoot for that. Very nice post.

7 more wins guarantees first round bye, 2 key losses by Chicago and we have a chance for home field advantage.

As of right now @ 6-3 we have a 89% chance of making the playoffs.

The Panthers only have a 40% chance of making the playoffs while the Falcons only have a 42% chance.

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/nfcstandings.html

I'd temper the Panthers chances with Steve Smith's health. I don't have the find my reserach right now, but the Panthers have an incredible win % over the past few seasons when Steve Smith plays. When he's out they have a low win percentage. Smith is the "X" factor.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=1><TBODY><TR class=trheader vAlign=top align=middle><TD rowSpan=2>Remaining Games
Won</TD><TD rowSpan=2>Winning Percentage of
Remaining Games</TD><TD colSpan=3>Resultant Record </TD><TD colSpan=4>Divisional Winners</TD><TD colSpan=2>Wildcard</TD><TD>No Playoffs</TD></TR><TR class=trheader vAlign=top align=middle><TD>W</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>T</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>7</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=middle><TD>7 of 7</TD><TD>100%</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>18%</TD><TD>82%</TD><TD>^</TD><TD>^</TD><TD>^</TD><TD>^</TD><TD>^</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=middle><TD>6 of 7</TD><TD>86%</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4%</TD><TD>86%</TD><TD>9%</TD><TD>< 1%</TD><TD>< 1%</TD><TD>< 1%</TD><TD>< 1%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I don't understand this one. If we win 7 of 7 we stand an 82% for #2.
If we win 6 of 7 we have an 86%???? I would think that would be the other way around. Any help on this??? :confused:

7 more wins absolutely guarantee the playoffs, let's shoot for that. Very nice post.

This would be great, but let's just focus on this weekend right here. We have a chance to get some seperation with a W tomorrow. Being that Atl play the Ravens and the Panthers having a tough one against the Rams, they both could lose. This is a great opportunity for us to pick up a game on both of them.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" bgColor=#ffffff border=1><TBODY><TR class=trheader vAlign=top align=middle><TD rowSpan=2>Remaining Games
Won</TD><TD rowSpan=2>Winning Percentage of
Remaining Games</TD><TD colSpan=3>Resultant Record </TD><TD colSpan=4>Divisional Winners</TD><TD colSpan=2>Wildcard</TD><TD>No Playoffs</TD></TR><TR class=trheader vAlign=top align=middle><TD>W</TD><TD>L</TD><TD>T</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>7</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=middle><TD>7 of 7</TD><TD>100%</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>18%</TD><TD>82%</TD><TD>^</TD><TD>^</TD><TD>^</TD><TD>^</TD><TD>^</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top align=middle><TD>6 of 7</TD><TD>86%</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4%</TD><TD>86%</TD><TD>9%</TD><TD>< 1%</TD><TD>< 1%</TD><TD>< 1%</TD><TD>< 1%</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I don't understand this one. If we win 7 of 7 we stand an 82% for #2.
If we win 6 of 7 we have an 86%???? I would think that would be the other way around. Any help on this??? :confused:

Because we also have an 18% chance of a #1. 82+18=100. With the other scenario, the other percentages were split up amongst #1, #3, #4 etc.

Because we also have an 18% chance of a #1. 82+18=100. With the other scenario, the other percentages were split up amongst #1, #3, #4 etc.

Another way of saying this is if the Saints win the rest of their games they have a 100% chance of being 1 or 2. If they win 6 the % of being 1 or 2 drops to 90 percent. The reason your chance of being #2 is reduced is because you have a higher chance of being number #1.

Kentish Man, this is off-topic...but tell me about the avatar pic that you are using. For some reason, I feel that there is a story behind it.

Thanks, Sazerac
Sazerac,

It would be more interesting if this was my grandfather and grandmother after a tiger hunt in India in the 1920's. But I'm afraid I just did an internet search for a dead tiger and this was one picture that popped up!

KM

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom