4 straight winning seasons for the first time in franchise history (1 Viewer)

black_floyd

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Feels good, don't it? We were within one win of doing this in 1990 but finished 8-8 following our 12-3, 10-6, and 9-7 finishes from '87-'89. Barring any butterfly effect stuff, we would've had 6 straight winning seasons when adding the 11-5 and 12-4 records from the next two seasons.

Under SP, we had three straight winning seasons from '09-'11 (13-3, 11-5, and 13-3) but were already disqualified from our fourth straight winning season in 2012 by our 13th game when we dropped our third straight game to fall to 5-8 after winning three in a row to get to 5-5.

All time 392-452-5.. Having been here since 1967, I lived through the massive hole we dug for so many years. At 13-3 each year (admittedly not realistic) that would take 6 years to get to .500. so I am guessing 7-8 years is a better estimate

At one time I said I wanted to live long enough to see the Saints in the SB (only half joking). Not for nothing I'd like to see us get north of the Mason Dixon line all time... Comeon SP and ML!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah and the crazy part is, we could have a second season in a row where 13-3 doesnt get a 1st round bye. Also, 2011 we were 13-3 , no bye. Un real. Every time its been the damn packers we needed to lose just one more game... they aren't losing another this year IMO.

Last edited:
I think it is mostly due to good consistent drafts and finally having depth at key positions. Again it's no coincidence that Ireland joined the team around the time that winning streak started.

All time 392-452-5.. Having been here since 1967, I lived through the massive hole we dug for so many years. At 13-3 each year (admittedly not realistic) that would take 6 years to get to .500. so I am guessing 7-8 years is a better estimate

At one time I said I wanted to live long enough to see the Saints in the SB (only half joking). Not for nothing I'd like to see us get north of the Mason Dixon line all time... Comeon SP and ML!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we make it to the .500 Bowl. When/If that game happens, where the Saints can get to .500 and get past .500, I intend to be at that game. The rest of the NFL will be amazed that we are "only" at .500 for franchise history, but man, the 1970's were BAD!

yeah and the crazy part is, we could have a second season in a row where 13-3 doesnt get a 1st round bye. Also, 2011 we were 13-3 , no bye. Un real. Every time its been the damn packers we needed to lose just one more game... they aren't losing another this year IMO.

Titans are going eat their lunch!

I hope we make it to the .500 Bowl. When/If that game happens, where the Saints can get to .500 and get past .500, I intend to be at that game. The rest of the NFL will be amazed that we are "only" at .500 for franchise history, but man, the 1970's were BAD!
And the 60's..... But the 60's were FUN.. We didn't care that we were not winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom