4 total touchdowns in the 2 Playoff games... (1 Viewer)

It's the playoffs. There were really good defenses in both of the Saints games. They're not going to just roll over and let you score. To think otherwise is silly.

The Dolphins beat the Redskins 14 -7 in SB 7. How dare they only score 14 points?

The Dolphins beat the Redskins 14 -7 in SB 7. How dare they only score 14 points?

That was over 40 years ago in 1972....

Miami also won their second SB by just throwing a total of 8 passes on the day. They just ran Czonka every play against Minnesota. That would be unheard of today.

Dude really, your playing the best of the best. Are we so spoiled that if we don't score 5000 point we pout! We were robbed by the refs! Football is a game of inches and game changing plays!

Defense wins championships eh? I'm glad I am not the only one who sees the offense was the problem.

They blew a 13-0 lead at home. How come no one else is talking about this? They had so many chances in the 2nd quarter to put that game out of reach but kept going 3 and out over and over. After going up 20-10, the bomb to Ginn was their last real play for the rest of the game.

Refs did not cost us this game, there were many things that factored into it.

To be fair, you got to play the Vikings defense last year.
That was good for 3 TD's right there.

At home...averaging 21.5 ppg in the postseason is rarely going to get it done...

Think Rams high powered offense who are going to the super bowl by default also had four tds in two playoff games. It’s post season championship games, it’s not going to be 40 point games by offense most times.

That was over 40 years ago in 1972....

Miami also won their second SB by just throwing a total of 8 passes on the day. They just ran Czonka every play against Minnesota. That would be unheard of today.
You missed the point. You just need to outscore your opponent to win the game. Let me give you a more recent example: Saints 12-Panthers 9, 12/17/18.

Defense wins championships eh? I'm glad I am not the only one who sees the offense was the problem.

They blew a 13-0 lead at home. How come no one else is talking about this? They had so many chances in the 2nd quarter to put that game out of reach but kept going 3 and out over and over. After going up 20-10, the bomb to Ginn was their last real play for the rest of the game.

And you're completely ignoring that the Rams are trying to win the game too. They did what we did last week. We did what we had to do to put ourselves in a position to win this game and it was literally stolen from us.

There are ebbs and flows and momentum shifts in games and the Rams are a really good team. Both teams had misfires and struggles. We scored enough to win that game. Short of the Refs blowing an obvious call so egregiously that their employers immediatly admitted fault, we’re headed to the Super Bowl right now. But, by all means, carry on playing the realist and talking down to everyone.

This is as good a place as any to post this. Heaven knows I've witnessed horrific calls against my team just like every other team's fans have in the league, so I can sympathize with the timing of that particular one, since I watched the refs hand the Pats bogus holding call after bogus holding call to keep drives alive in SB 51.

However, it should be pointed out, had these same refs called the face mask on Goff at the four yard line, they'd have had a new set of downs at the 2 rather than having to settle for a FG that helped bring about the OT in the first place. In the end, every team gets jacked on calls in virtually every game played. The reasons for your loss go well beyond that.

Having said that, the OP is right. This is 2019. If you aren't passing 30, or at least bumping heads on it every game, it's very unlikely you'll win. Not taking advantage when you had them down in the first half was a recipe for disaster. In fact, if I didn't know better, I'd swear I was watching the 2017 Falcons. No one expected the Rams offense to sputter the entire game, and they didn't. Even without Gurley in the game. Also, where was the Saints pass rush that had been solid up until this game? The LOS win for the Rams offensive line was huge and completely unreported.

Also, the Saints averaged 5.6 yards per pass play (8.2 season avg). That's terrible by any measure, particularly when you have a HOF QB. You averaged 2.3 yards per rush (4.1 season avg by Ingram/Kamara). Those are huge drops in production that lead to 3-and-outs rather than sustained drives and TDs.

Like I said, I feel your pain on having that play go down the way it did, but there were other, much bigger issues for 60 minutes of regulation that led to that loss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom