4 way tie at 1-2 in the NFC South (1 Viewer)

Is this the same Lutz who started the thread week one after Carolina lost and we could take an early lead in the Division?

Don't you people understand karma and jinx ?

Is this the same Lutz who started the thread week one after Carolina lost and we could take an early lead in the Division?

Don't you people understand karma and jinx ?

Well then get started on those 0-16 threads to counter the jinx. Problem solved.

What's really sad is that this is the best week of saints football all year and the saints haven't even played yet!

Hey but I had fun this whole Sunday! I'll take it! Please don't funk this up Saints!

Anybody see the highlights of the end of the Tampa game? I saw in the play by play that Winston tried to run it in from the 15 yard line on the very last play of the game, only to be stopped at the 5. The utter disgusting look on his face must have been awesome to watch.

The winner of tomorrow's game will own 1st place in the division via tie-breakers. That isn't "relying on other teams".

Incorrect.

The only reason why the Saints are in the position to be 1st in the NFC South is because both Tampa and Carolina lost. Had Tampa or Carolina won, there would be no chance for the Saints to even vie for the 1st place.

Man, we better win this game or we're done. Our schedule is brutal. Even with the win, that 0-2 start may just be too much to overcome.

@Kansas City
Denver
Seattle
Carolina
@Carolina
@Arizona

That's 6 games that look damn near unwinnable the way we've played. Then we usually split with Tampa and the Rams always give us fits.

If we lose tonight it could set the stage for quite an ugly season.

I hate being a pessimist but we really couldn't afford to drop those first two.

Incorrect.

The only reason why the Saints are in the position to be 1st in the NFC South is because both Tampa and Carolina lost. Had Tampa or Carolina won, there would be no chance for the Saints to even vie for the 1st place.

It's Week 3, not Week 17.

The records are the records right now. We aren't relying on anyone at this point. Tampa and Carolina have no more a claim to the lead than we do.

You could say that they are relying on us to lose by your logic.

Man, we better win this game or we're done. Our schedule is brutal. Even with the win, that 0-2 start may just be too much to overcome.

@Kansas City
Denver
Seattle
Carolina
@Carolina
@Arizona

That's 6 games that look damn near unwinnable the way we've played. Then we usually split with Tampa and the Rams always give us fits.

If we lose tonight it could set the stage for quite an ugly season.

I hate being a pessimist but we really couldn't afford to drop those first two.

I'm not overly confident about tonight.

But otherwise, how often does looking at the schedule actually pan out? Remember in 2014 when we beat 3 good teams in a row and then everyone thought we'd win 3 straight against struggling teams and we lost all of them (at home no less). Then last year, we start 1-3, but end up winning several games after that in what appeared to be the toughest stretch.

Arizona, for one, isn't a good team this year. Carolina is beatable and I think we can at least split with them this year. KC can get 6 INTs or they can blow a lead to SD. Seattle being in the dome should give us a shot. Denver looks hopeless, but I don't think they are going 16-0.

You just never know with this stuff. But this all assumes we win tonight and that we show we can be a good team.

I'm not overly confident about tonight.

But otherwise, how often does looking at the schedule actually pan out? Remember in 2014 when we beat 3 good teams in a row and then everyone thought we'd win 3 straight against struggling teams and we lost all of them (at home no less). Then last year, we start 1-3, but end up winning several games after that in what appeared to be the toughest stretch.

Arizona, for one, isn't a good team this year. Carolina is beatable and I think we can at least split with them this year. KC can get 6 INTs or they can blow a lead to SD. Seattle being in the dome should give us a shot. Denver looks hopeless, but I don't think they are going 16-0.

You just never know with this stuff. But this all assumes we win tonight and that we show we can be a good team.

I know looking ahead on the schedule rarely pans out but those are some teams that have been good for some time and aren't just going to go away. It's the bad teams that are unpredictable and get overlooked. We will never get the luxury of being overlooked because nobody will overlook Brees. At least, not until it's too late to matter.

I'm also not very confident in tonight. Missing way too many players and just don't look like a very good team. We didnt' look good in preseason, didn't look good in week 1, didn't look good in week 2 (for vastly different reasons), we're 7-10 at home since the start of 2014 season including a few primetime games that we suffered our worse losses under Payton. Our weaknesses align perfectly with the Falcons strengths and it's not set up very good. The one thing going for us it's all that **** gets thrown out the window since we are playing the Falcons.

Semantics but the Chiefs didn't blow a lead to SD, it was the other way around. Who knows, just not feeling very confident. Many fans on here are feeling much more optimistic than I am. I'm also seeing tickets for well below face value all over the place. You just don't see that for the Falcons game in the dome on MNF. That tells me that there will probably be a ton of Falcon fan at the game. One giant falcon fan taking up like 8 seats. Thank god we aren't playing the Steelers or the dome would be yellow tonight.

It's Week 3, not Week 17.

The records are the records right now. We aren't relying on anyone at this point. Tampa and Carolina have no more a claim to the lead than we do.

Well, yes, right now, Monday 9/26/2016 noon, the records are what they are, and the Saints are not relying on anyone at this very point, because Tampa and Carolina already played, and lost.

However, for the Saints to be able to even vie for 1st place tonight, 2 other teams had to lose yesterday. That's the very definition on "relying on other teams". That it happens the Saints play 1 day later, does not invalidate the necessity of 2 other teams to lose for the Saints to be able to vie for the 1st place.

In any case, it is moot. I don't think the Saints win tonight. Do want them to, but I don't think is going to happen.

Anybody see the highlights of the end of the Tampa game? I saw in the play by play that Winston tried to run it in from the 15 yard line on the very last play of the game, only to be stopped at the 5. The utter disgusting look on his face must have been awesome to watch.

I watched the game. Actually, he really wasn't attempting to run...he was still looking to pass after he crossed the line of scrimmage about 5 yards & he got smoked from behind.

I really wonder how some of these announcers even have jobs anymore. Kept saying he is looking to pass & never once realized he was past the los. If he would have thrown a td, it would have been called back.

Well, yes, right now, Monday 9/26/2016 noon, the records are what they are, and the Saints are not relying on anyone at this very point, because Tampa and Carolina already played, and lost.

However, for the Saints to be able to even vie for 1st place tonight, 2 other teams had to lose yesterday. That's the very definition on "relying on other teams". That it happens the Saints play 1 day later, does not invalidate the necessity of 2 other teams to lose for the Saints to be able to vie for the 1st place.

In any case, it is moot. I don't think the Saints win tonight. Do want them to, but I don't think is going to happen.

Saints controlled their own destiny regardless if those teams won or loss yesterday.

Problem is, we just don't look like a team that is capable of winning enough games regardless.

This team hasn't played as a team for more than a 1-2 game stretch since 2013. That's a long time. Most games the offense has showed up, the games where the defense did show up the offense didn't and the special teams have been so bad that it's like we are spotting the other team a TD a game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom