4 Weeks to go in the 2016 season (1 Viewer)

mtq79

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
So I'm not delusional and I don't have high hopes that the Saints will make a late season push and make the playoffs. With that said, I don't think it's impossible that we do so. Obviously, we would need to win the division as I don't think 9-7 gets the wild card. I know the Saints haven't won 4 in a row since like 2013 which is ridiculous but all you need is a fighting chance.

For this exercise, let's just say that we win out and get to 9-7. We would then need to make up 2 games on both the Falcons and the Bucs.

We play Tampa twice so we don't need any outside help as if we beat them twice, we would have the tie breaker and be ahead of them in the standings. Outside of us, they play at Dallas and are home for Carolina. They could easily drop 1 or both of those games.

Atlanta plays at St Louis, home for San Francisco, and at Carolina. They would need to drop 1 of those games to set up a week 17 game for the division.

The only other game we have is at Arizona which worries me because I don't know if we can stop David Johnson.

All I'm saying is it starts with a win tomorrow. Let's Go Saints!

If we win out there is a good chance of a wild card spot.

If we win out there is a good chance of a wild card spot.

I didn't do the math on all that but we'd have to climb over 5 of Arizona, Minnesota, Green Bay, Washington, Tampa and NY.

Obviously, if we win out, we'd get past Tampa and Arizona.

Green Bay and Minnesota play each other this week so that would allow us to tie them at 9-7. Not sure of the tie breakers. GB also plays Seattle, Chicago and Detroit. Minn plays Indy, Jax and Chicago. Possible that whoever loses the game will lose another and that the winner also drops a game.

Washington and the Giants play in week 17. The Redskins also play Philly, Carolina and Chicago. The Giants play Dallas, Detroit and Philly.

Not an easy task but a wildcard is still possible. A WC berth would probably send us to Detroit (NFC North) or to Atlanta(if we get the WC and not the division, Atlanta would win the South).

If we win the division, we'd host the Giants, Redskins, Minn, GB etc....

I didn't do the math on all that but we'd have to climb over 5 of Arizona, Minnesota, Green Bay, Washington, Tampa and NY.

Obviously, if we win out, we'd get past Tampa and Arizona.

Green Bay and Minnesotai play each other this week so that would allow us to tie them at 9-7. Not sure of the tie breakers. GB also plays Seattle, Chicago and Detroit. Minn plays Indy, Jax and Chicago. Possible that whoever loses the game will lose another and that the winner also drops a game.

Washington and the Giants play in week 17. The Redskins also play Philly, Carolina and Chicago. The Giants play Dallas, Detroit and Philly.

Not an easy task but a wildcard is still possible. A WC berth would probably send us to Detroit (NFC North) or to Atlanta(if we get the WC and not the division, Atlanta would win the South).

If we win the division, we'd host the Giants, Redskins, Minn, GB etc....

I was playing with the playoff predictor and if we win out we would only need Green bay and Minnesota to lose one each - and like you said they play each other - and Washington needs to lose two games.

So I'm not delusional and I don't have high hopes that the Saints will make a late season push and make the playoffs. With that said, I don't think it's impossible that we do so. Obviously, we would need to win the division as I don't think 9-7 gets the wild card. I know the Saints haven't won 4 in a row since like 2013 which is ridiculous but all you need is a fighting chance.

For this exercise, let's just say that we win out and get to 9-7. We would then need to make up 2 games on both the Falcons and the Bucs.

We play Tampa twice so we don't need any outside help as if we beat them twice, we would have the tie breaker and be ahead of them in the standings. Outside of us, they play at Dallas and are home for Carolina. They could easily drop 1 or both of those games.

Atlanta plays at St Louis, home for San Francisco, and at Carolina. They would need to drop 1 of those games to set up a week 17 game for the division.

The only other game we have is at Arizona which worries me because I don't know if we can stop David Johnson.

All I'm saying is it starts with a win tomorrow. Let's Go Saints!
Who is Atlanta gonna play in St. Louis?:idunno:

This team is looking good for next season, but wishing to win out this season, just sets you up to be angry again. let it go. let the young guys get reps, and build for next season.

Let's just try to win tomorrow before we think of 4 in a row. After seeing what Tampa did to Seattle two weeks ago if Drew finishes the game healthy that should be considered a win.

When this team struggles at home...it has no business being in the playoffs. I am hoping for a good offseason and a fight chance in 2017.

If we win out and somehow make it to the playoffs. Great. If not,oh well. 2017 feels like a really good season!

I'm not looking for miracles the rest of the way and that's what would have to happen for this team to make the playoffs.

With that being said I am very much looking forward to next season. The young guys have stepped up and learned really well since the beginning of this season................:9:

We must win all 4 games to have a remote chance. Today and the next 4 weeks we either hang on to hope or the season ends. It's that simple.

Either way, this season is about what many expected. Young defense that struggled to 0-3 again only to catch up and be inconsistent. It's almost identical to 3 of the last 4 years. Eerily.

I still hold out that next year, out of cap hell and an improving young defense we contend. Who Dat!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom