Saints 40% Taysom (1 Viewer)

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I want to start a movement to get Taysom Hill 40% snaps at QB. We don’t need to move on from Brees. Brees is getting paid $20 million a year. At 20 million and 40 years old he can have some humility. Let’s mix in Taysom Hill and make defenses unbalanced. There’s 15 years of tape on Drew Brees and defenses are going to make him check down as much as they can. Let’s try Taysom this year so we know what we have for the next few years.

Grab another QB in the draft for the long term since Taysom is 30 years old and a scrambling QB. I want to have some fun this year and Taysom adds a spark to our team.

Last edited:
why not see if winston can perform with sean payton like cam is currently with josh mcdaniels. Winston is probably our most talented qb( winstons whole career he was in a 4 vert/high risk offense whether that was with koetter and recently arians). Lets see if Sean can help him reach his number 1 overall pick potential

Yall can keep wishing for it but it aint going to happen. Unless this team is out of the playoff race Brees is the QB. Even then I have my doubts.

BTW, on a bad day Drew was in the top 10 or above average in yards, cmp% and passer rating this week.

He had a better game than what everyone is calling a bounce back game for Brady.

Last edited:
why not see if winston can perform with sean payton like cam is currently with josh mcdaniels. Winston is probably our most talented qb( winstons whole career he was in a 4 vert/high risk offense whether that was with koetter and recently arians). Lets see if Sean can help him reach his number 1 overall pick potential
I’m not opposed to Jameis. I’m also not very excited about seeing him play.

Yall can keep wishing for it but it aint going to happen. Unless this team is out of the playoff race Brees is the QB. Even then I have my doubts.

BTW, on a bad day Drew was in the top 10 or above average in yards, cmp% and passer rating this week.

He had a better game than what everyone is calling a bounce back game for Brady.

almost all of his stats came when the Saints has already lost the game and the Raiders were in prevent defense. We watched the game...there is no need for unnecessary spin.

almost all of his stats came when the Saints has already lost the game and the Raiders were in prevent defense. We watched the game...there is no need for unnecessary spin.

Yes we did and it wasnt that bad. No spin needed. The same people have been watching Brees for years trying to bench him. A bad week 1, and a meh week 2 is all they need to see. I think they need the stats.

Those stats are for all drives of the game not just 1. The largest success came at the beginning few and second the last, all very important drives.

Last edited:
Yes we did and it wasnt that bad. No spin needed. The same people have been watching Brees for years trying to bench him. A bad week 1, and a meh week 2 is all they need to see. I think they need the stats.

Those stats are for all drives of the game not just 1. The largest success came at the beginning few and second the last, all very important drives.

Oh it was bad. Most of his pass attempts were under 5 yards.

Oh it was bad. Most of his pass attempts were under 5 yards.

Depth of target is not an indicator of how good or bad he was. That is not his game. He has been a top QB in the league because of his accuracy and decision making. Both aren't where they should be but it was better. He also needs to get in better sync with Sanders.

Would make too much since. I say Start Taysom the next 6 games, if he does well, keep him in. If he doesn’t , start Winston the remainder of the games. At least we’d know where we stand going into the draft . No way does Brees come back unless it’s on another team.

Yes, he did.

It all hinges on the defense. He is not going to be good enough to be playing from behind all year. Hill or Winston can bring the possibilities of big play or quick strike, which faded out with Drew about 2 seasons ago.

Yes, he did.

It all hinges on the defense. He is not going to be good enough to be playing from behind all year. Hill or Winston can bring the possibilities of big play or quick strike, which faded out with Drew about 2 seasons ago.

You can't ignore what Drew has been doing well the last few years and assume Winston and Hill could do that. In fact, I would say Winston would bring the exact opposite. Hill is a complete unknown as a QB leading drives. Having either of them starting means the season is over.

I get Brees has been off, but it is fixable. I say that because he has been off and fixed it before. We go through this pretty much every year. He always bounces back. Being the first two games of the season, with this offseason, I'd think people would be more reasonable.

His arm won't get stronger but that has not been the problem. It's the same constant he's been dealing with for quite a while now.

You can't ignore what Drew has been doing well the last few years and assume Winston and Hill could do that. In fact, I would say Winston would bring the exact opposite. Hill is a complete unknown as a QB leading drives. Having either of them starting means the season is over.

I get Brees has been off, but it is fixable. I say that because he has been off and fixed it before. We go through this pretty much every year. He always bounces back. Being the first two games of the season, with this offseason, I'd think people would be more reasonable.

His arm won't get stronger but that has not been the problem. It's the same constant he's been dealing with for quite a while now.

sorta like teddy coming in last year for 5 games killed the saints seasonYou can’t fix arm strength, his worsening accuracy or the opponent selling out the long ball. At this point I don’t care if he bounces back or not, we wouldn’t make it thru the playoffs anyway. There is a blueprint on how to defeat the 2020 version of Brees and this offense. This isn’t going to change.

and what has Brees been doing these last few years that we can’t ignore. Sure he got his stats, but that it. At somepoint you can’t give a lot of weight to accuracy when the ball doesn’t go beyond 20 yards. Taysom has been more of a spark when he’s been in game then Brees the last few seasons. It’s just time.

I’ve watched Brees just about every single game, every single season, since he joined the Saints... He’s one of my favorite players of all time, and I’ve never had any doubts about the guy..

But this is different... Brees looks washed, and it pains me to see it. His arm strength is deficient at this point, and the most troublesome thing is that now his accuracy is falling off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom