40 yards of gold (Ted Ginn Jr.) (1 Viewer)

Home jerseys, that is, right? League wouldn't want the game played in the Dome every year ;)

Not at their home field, the winner of the Pro Bowl determines who gets to be the Home Team meaning they wear their colored jersey and the away Team gets to call the coin flip.

I wish this was more of “a thing.” I have always been curious about how players’ 40 times age over time.

Does everyone get slower when they get to the league? Does everyone get slower at age 28-30? If so, how much slower? Does anyone get faster? If so, at what age? How much slower does a guy’s 40 time get when he isn’t specifically training for it as he did coming out of college? All questions I have pondered in my years of watching football.

Ted Ginn and some of these other guys will be great test studies.

It's always been "a thing" with me how the players and teams fib about their measurables. Some teams add an inch to height and subtract .5 seconds from the 40 time. The only measurables I have any faith in is the Combines, and that covers less than 1/4th of the team. We have a 6-7-3/4 guy listed at 6-9, and we keep calling him 6-9. It smacks of WWE, and I wish they would stop it.

Last edited:
I tweeted to Ted that I'd race him, but I want to pick the distance.

Because I could care less about who wins. Because regardless of whoever wins, some one will claim that if they raced again, THEY would win.

I can see you never played competitive organized sports, or if you did, you weren't very good. Of course if they lose in any competition their mindset is always going to be let's do it aging and i will win. You have to believe you are the best all the time to be the best.

Last edited:
It's always been "a thing" with me how the players and teams fib about their measurables. Some teams add an inch to height and subtract .5 seconds from the 40 time. The only measurables I have any faith in is the Combines, and that covers less than 1/4th of the team. We have a 6-7-3/4 guy listed at 6-9, and we keep calling him 6-9. It smacks of WWE, and I wish they would stop it.

One person I grew up around that made it into the NFL is Tim Rattay. They had him listed at 6 feet tall. I randomly bumped into him once after he entered the NFL. He was no taller than I am, and I'm a hair under 5'10".

I can see you never played competitive organized sports, or if you did, you weren't very good. Of course if they lose in any competition their mindset is always going to be let's do it aging and i will win. You have to believe you are the best all the time to be the best.
Thanks for your feeble attempt at psychoanalyzing me but you couldn't be more wrong.

Excellent idea. Let the Pro Bowl list be just a list, not a game. Do individual skill competitions with each position. Can you imagine if this had been done back in the day? Morten Andersen and someone like Jason Hansen could have kept backing up five yards at a time to see who'd be the first one to miss!
I'd like to see "The Leg" drop one thru the uprights from 75 yards out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom