403 yards offense vs 293 yards (1 Viewer)

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
6 trips into scoring range (30 yard line or less)

Only 3 scores

5 turnovers (one returned for a TD)

10 penalties

Felt like Hasletts team.

Hopefully this was a one time encore.

yeah today was so frustrating. I expected us to come out either a) on fire after some well-deserved rest and gameplanning or b) well, like we did. (there was no in between in my head...great or awful). unfortunately "b" was the clear winner.

6 trips into scoring range (30 yard line or less)

Only 3 scores

5 turnovers (one returned for a TD)

10 penalties

Felt like Hasletts team.

Hopefully this was a one time encore.

2 INT's returned for TD's. One by Ronnie Prude and one by Dawan Landry.... Ironically they both have LSU connections (with Prude going there and Dawan being the brother of Laron).

yeah today was so frustrating. I expected us to come out either a) on fire after some well-deserved rest and gameplanning or b) well, like we did. (there was no in between in my head...great or awful). unfortunately "b" was the clear winner.

I think they'll rebound. In a way a road game might be the best thing for them. They can get away from New Orleans and some of the distractions which obviously affected them the past off week, have a "business trip", get refocused.

Ironically...that's how it was with Haslett's teams. They always were terrible and unfocused at home but good away. Road trips seemed to focus them.

ok, I need to stop with Haslett / Payton comparisons. It's not the same I know. Just kind of a gut wrencher today.

Here's the deal. We could have, should have won this game. Even if you wanna throw out the first 3 quarters and just look at the 4th. It began with us down 28 points. 28 POINTS! And we scored 2 TD's. But just think.....we were first and goal at the 6. We got NOTHING! Not soon before that we were VERY close and had a tip for INT. My point is that even being down that much we had our chances at the end to capitalize on such a "great" defense. We killed ourselves this game and the refs helped a little. But just like the Panthers game, we could have won if we were a little more disciplined.

Here's the deal. We could have, should have won this game. Even if you wanna throw out the first 3 quarters and just look at the 4th. It began with us down 28 points. 28 POINTS! And we scored 2 TD's. But just think.....we were first and goal at the 6. We got NOTHING! Not soon before that we were VERY close and had a tip for INT. My point is that even being down that much we had our chances at the end to capitalize on such a "great" defense. We killed ourselves this game and the refs helped a little. But just like the Panthers game, we could have won if we were a little more disciplined.

Haslett's teams "should have" won a lot of games.

The difference between Haslett's teams and Payton's team thus far has been while Haslett "should have" won, Payton actually did.

Today we didn't. All there is to it. Hopefully next week will be better.

Yeh. Let's just throw out everything the Saints did wrong in this game. We were right there if you do that. You know, take away the two INTs returned for touchdowns and we played a heckuva game. Give me a break.

Yeh. Let's just throw out everything the Saints did wrong in this game. We were right there if you do that. You know, take away the two INTs returned for touchdowns and we played a heckuva game. Give me a break.

LOL the Saints team gave this game away because they didn't show up till the 4th quarter, the Ravens came to the dome ready to play. I know this team could play way better then this.

Last edited:
A bad loss today but sometimes teams need (and respond well to) these "reality check" type of games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom