Saints 49er vs Saints (1 Viewer)

I believe we were under-prepared for the Falcons because they suck.

Oline had the flu that Falcon's week. I didn't have to play football "at the highest level" like Bobby Hebert to know that it must be hard to block while you're squeezing your cheeks together!

Sunday? I see an ugly low scoring 1st half turning into a spectacular 4th quarter shootout and we all know what happens if Brees baits Crappalo into a shootout...
Saints - 41
9er - 38

49ers win 18-17 on a last second field goal.

We are up 17-13 with 3 minutes left. We have the ball at our own 3 yard line due to a pinned punt. Our backup LT gets a holding call in the endzone. This was an extremely ticky tack call that should not have been made.
It’s now 17-15 Saints and we have to free kick it to them. The Niners move the chains enough to kick a 31 yard field goal to win the game 18-17.

If we win it will be a last-second field goal. I’m not confident at all in our offense putting up enough numbers or our defense slowing them down. We do have a chance, though. The Saints have been known to surprise everyone.

Sacred score. I almost went with it too but just don't see it happening.

With my 27-20 prediction, I'd like it to be 24-14 at the halfway through the fourth quarter and we just keep pounding the rock to run time off the clock and we manage a field goal and only allow them two FGs to make the game look closer than it really was. Kind of like the Dallas score looks a lot closer than it was from last night.

I, too, predict a 27-20 score.

So, of course, it will not be anywhere near that! lol

(Saints win, though.)

I'm sold. So we don't have the play the game now, right?

Well, they can go ahead and play the game, but now I don't have to watch it!

(As well as spare the Gameday Thread my, umm, insights, into the play of the game...)

Win Win for everyone! ; - )

ETA: I am so glad I had Te'o, Vaccaro and Snead on my Fantasy Team...

Last edited:
At this point it's becoming difficult to enjoy myself on the board this week with all the 49erd trolls. I've seen a Seahawk troll "liking" and even replying favorably to some Niner trolls on SR this week. I didn't know there was so much love between Seahawk and Niner fans. I just can't understand that - where's the rivalry out West?

I know with our rivalry, even if a Falcon fan posted the sky was "blue", I'm not looking to "like" his comment or post a response in agreement. We have a REAL rivalry with the Falcons.

Having said all that, for this week all objectivity gets thrown out the window. I refuse to let a bunch of football illiterate homer Niner trolls come on our own forum and "out homer" me. I'm going to post with a lot of energy and intensity. I'll do my job!

So here is my prediction:

Saints 51
(in honor of Sam Mills - saint of run stoppers)

Niners 9
(because Niners fans can't count to double digits)
I like your enthusiasm.

Sorry but some of you need to get the B&G colored glasses off. 38-17, 38-20, 34-17, 28-13 are completely unrealistic unless SF turns the ball over a lot. This game is going to be very physical and defensive dominated type game. 14-13, 16-10, 19-13 would be more like it.

42-17 Saints all day!

Saints 23
Niners 16

Another physical, stressful game. I see a couple gash runs by SF due to our LB situation, but DA fixes it at the half. Murray needs to tote the rock and Cook needs to catch the ball. NO STUPID PENALTIES

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom