49ers, and falcons no interest in Revis (1 Viewer)

Price is too high maybe?

Precisely. The man is seeking 16 to 17 million a year as A corner! My God is he crazy?? 12 mil max but even that is too high especially after an axle where he should be happy he actually still has a chance of playing. What he is doing is a sign of pure selfishness. If he wants 17 mil then go get some endorsements. What a classic case of being a selfish catch u next Tuesday!

He's most likely to end up somewhere with an ungodly amount of cap space, like Cleveland, Cincinnati, Miami, Indianapolis or Philadelphia. They all have a ton of cap space and have to spend to get to the cap floor, so they might as well spend some on a top CB.

Says who? Where does that come from?

This. There have been numerous articles from media sources about him probably going to ask for that amount, but I have yet to see a direct quote from him asking for that amount. Lots of speculation from the media that many have taken it as him actually saying this.

This. There have been numerous articles from media sources about him probably going to ask for that amount, but I have yet to see a direct quote from him asking for that amount. Lots of speculation from the media that many have taken it as him actually saying this.

I mean I can see him asking for $70 or $80 million over say 6 years, but Nnamdi's deal with the Eagles, which occured in over-priced free agency, was only $60 million. So even if you slot Revis in over Nnamdi, which I'm sure he wants, we're not talking $16 million which would be $80 million + over 5 years. That's a huuuuuuuge leap, which just doesnt happen in the NFL.

It's already been reported that he wants to be paid the highest amount ever for a defensive player

He's most likely to end up somewhere with an ungodly amount of cap space, like Cleveland, Cincinnati, Miami, Indianapolis or Philadelphia. They all have a ton of cap space and have to spend to get to the cap floor, so they might as well spend some on a top CB.

They don't have to spend to the floor this year. The minimum cap spending by team will be calculated on a 4 year average starting with this year. so the league won't even look at it until the end of the 2016 season. It will also be calculated in a different way than the maximum cap is. That is it is done on a cash actually spent basis with no proration of signing bonuses, no "top 51" rule, and all bonus'sor advances paid to any player during the 4 year period. In other words if it was a check written to a player and his agent then it counts towards the minimum cap requirement.

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/collective-bargaining-agreement-2011-2020.pdf

Article 12 sections 8 (c) and 9 (a)
(c) Cash Spending in a League Year shall consist of the sum of: (1) total Paragraph 5 Salary amounts earned or paid or committed to be paid to players; (2) sign-ing bonus amounts earned or paid or committed to be paid to players (including amounts treated as signing bonus) without regard to proration and applying the valuation rules that apply to deferred Salary specified in Article 13, Subsections 6(a)(ii) and 6(d)(iii); and (3) any other non-Benefit amounts earned or paid or committed to be paid to play-ers in that League Year (applying the valuation rules that apply to deferred Salary specified in Article 13, Subsections 6(a)(ii) and 6(d)(iv)) including, but not limited to, incentives, roster bonuses, reporting bonuses, offseason workout bonuses, weight bo-nuses, grievances settled, grievance awards, injury settlements or Paragraph 5 Salary advances. League-Wide Cash Spending shall consist of the aggregate of all Cash Spend-ing in a League Year. Team Cash Spending, for each respective Club, shall consist of all Cash Spending by such Club.

Section 9. [FONT=Garamond,Garamond][FONT=Garamond,Garamond]Minimum Team Cash Spending: [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Garamond,Garamond]
[/FONT](a) For each of the following four-League Year periods, 2013–2016 and 2017–2020, there shall be a guaranteed Minimum Team Cash Spending of 89% of the Salary Caps for such periods (e.g., if the Salary Caps for the 2013–16 and 2017–2020 are $100, 120, 130, and 150 million, respectively, each Club shall have a Minimum Team Cash Spending for that period of $445 million (89% of $500 million))

Dont bring your mangled knee here we do not have the draft picks or cap space to watch you warm the bench or run your mouth:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom