49ers coaches (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
For some reason, it feels like we may be waiting until after the Superbowl to interview one of the defensive coaches for the 49ers for our DC position. Anyone else get that feeling?

Which ever teams gives up less points I guess, or a solid college coach.

slowpoke_zps47da789d.jpg

Or waiting after the recruiting process to hire a college coach with experience defending the read option that Payton admitted scares him AND doesnt know enough about it

Or waiting after the recruiting process to hire a college coach with experience defending the read option that Payton admitted scares him AND doesnt know enough about it

You may be right, but I bet some of those defensive coaches know plenty about the read option since they see if in practice every day.

I wouldn't be surprised if SP grabs an assistant from either the 49ers or the Ravens for the D cord, then grabs a college coach to fill an assistant spot(one with experience against the read option)

The coaches on that defense are going to be hired immediately if they go. In today's age everyone thinks that you can just make a QB coach or offensive coordinator a coach immediately and it's not working out for them. I don't see the Niners letting their defensive coordinator go though.

They created the blue print to shutting down the one dimensional pass hog Dan Marino teams, and I think that's going become a big key in the future of the NFL. Teams are going to follow that blueprint to beat the big QB's, as you see it's worked for them against Brees (twice), Rodgers (twice), and Brady.

In today's age everyone thinks that you can just make a QB coach or offensive coordinator a coach immediately and it's not working out for them.

Hiring Dallas OC Sean Payton as their head coach clearly hasn't worked out well for the Saints.

There are very few absolutes in the NFL, especially when it comes to hiring coaches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom