49ers could have multiple candidates for New Orleans Saints' defensive coordinator opening (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story – Nola.Com

Even though Sean Payton and the New Orleans Saints got off to a late start in their search for a new defensive coordinator, time may be on their side with at least a couple of possible candidates on the sideline for Super Bowl 2013. San Francisco 49ers defensive line coach Jim Tomsula and secondary coach Ed Donatell have strong 3-4 credentials and could be on the team's radar.

When asked, both coaches said at media day Tuesday they "absolutely" wanted to become defensive coordinators. Both coaches are well schooled in the 3-4 defensive scheme, which is what Payton said the Saints were making a switch to when he announced Steve Spagnuolo's firing after one season.

"Obviously, I would listen to any situation," Donatell said at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. "I'm very happy with the one that I have here. You know how many people are dying to get to the 49ers right now? I think you need to think about where you are and the bosses I have."

By Larry Holder / Times-Picayune

Full Story – Nola.Com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom